Can't kick - I know he is hacking - Not on server list

nbaumann

Hey,

I couldn't find anything about this on the internet or on these forums, googled for a while. So I decided to post. I am admin of a popular Camp Gib only server and in the last few days I have seen a recent type of hacking which is disturbing. It first starts with the weird feeling that something is not right when you get killed, you let it go for a while and then you really think he is hacking. So this happened to me, I wanted to kick him (!k) and the server replies with "ERROR playerID not found", something like that. So then that guy leaves the server (he was on top of the list) and comes back with a different name and has the same score as the player which just left!

Through CC he doesn't even appear on the list! I can't do anything about it and it's extremely frustrating. When he gets votekick, he rejoins instantly, it's like he never left the server. This happened many times with players along with the orbital hack and such.

Also I as a side not I have a question, how come sites like removed don't get shut down? How come EA doesn't involve the authorities? Seems pretty pathetic to me the way they advertise their hacks without ever being pulled down!

Best thing to do is get the server streaming to PBBans. As far as why EvenBalance can't do more to bring down websites that offer cheats. It is easy.....they are offering a service much like selling you a newspaper at a newstand.....because they can. There is no law against selling or giving away cheats for a game. The only defense you have is adding the extra measures to combat them...to include streaming your server to PBBans and getting the additional protection that we offer.

Best thing to do is get the server streaming to PBBans. As far as why EvenBalance can't do more to bring down websites that offer cheats. It is easy.....they are offering a service much like selling you a newspaper at a newstand.....because they can. There is no law against selling or giving away cheats for a game. The only defense you have is adding the extra measures to combat them...to include streaming your server to PBBans and getting the additional protection that we offer.

So you are telling me that people are actually allowed to sell cheats? But just not allowed to use them? That's disgusting. Does PBBans have some kind of measure against *admin edit*? When I look at their team page they all look like responsible grown ups, and the way they sell their hacks makes me want to puke, it's disgusting honestly. I wish I could do a lot more against those people.

One measure is not to post any information related to cheats in public forums, we handle any disscussions re hacks in forums where Google has no access ;p

... otherwise it can happen you setup a "HowTo get around PB with HackXYZ" unintentionally, tho in this case it's just a matter of principles as ill-informed stuff regarding a hack-reseller page that does nearly nothing but churn out bans from our streaming servers (see post#2) and run forums that are priceless ... for a laugh, was no harm really ;p

For the initial question: learn to ban by GUID http://evenbalance.com/publications/bf2-ad/index.htm

Sorry about mentioning the name of those hackers :)

I understand the GUID ban and they should be banned that way, will try that next time :)

PS. I understand that PBBans works with some sort of screenshot system to ban people. But on that site they mentioned, they advertise their hacks as being "Screenshot proof". What does this mean for PBBans? How does PBBans plan to counter this?

Thanks. :)

Edited by nbaumann

One measure is not to post any information related to cheats in public forums, we handle any disscussions re hacks in forums where Google has no access

That goes especially for how we combat cheats.

If you have a server, get it streaming and gain a forum upgrade to access private forum sections.

You will also have access to the PBBans MCI which contains game specific cvar/md5 scans for all PB supported games.