Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

MaydaX

modernwarfare3logo.jpg

Most of the info in the wild now is rumor at this point.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 information and pictures have been leaked out, ahead of a presumably planned E3 announcement. The game will have 20 multiplayer maps and the single player story will take place after Modern Warfare 2 ends....

But what about the multiplayer? The leaks today seemed to be single-player centric. But, it is being reported that the game will ships with "as many as" 20 multiplayer maps. Like previous COD games, they'll be loosely based on locations from the single player story. Expect them to take place in the aforementioned New York, Paris, London, Dubai and even Mogadishu! Here's the leaked list of multiplayer map names – believe at your own risk:

• Alpha
  • Alps
  • Bootleg
  • Bravo
  • Brooklyn
  • Carbon
  • Coast
  • Dome
  • Exchange
  • Hardhat
  • Interchange
  • Lambeth
  • Meteora
  • Mogadishu
  • Paris
  • Plaza 2
  • Radar
  • Seatown
  • Underground
  • Village

You've got to believe that this game will be properly unveiled by Activision in a few weeks at the E3 gaming trade show in Los Angeles.

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/05/13/call-duty-modern-warfare-3-exposed/

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/11118582/1/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-set-for-nov-8.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" will be released on Nov. 8, 2011, according to a media report.

The game will continue the plot from "Modern Warfare 2," which is currently the second best-selling game of all time in the nation.

The only way this is good news to me is, it puts the onus on DICE to put their money where their mouth is, and deliver the goods w/ BF3.

Should make for a November to remember.

Butt

I will consider buying it for sure but no more pre-orders or buying on release day for me since I've been burned too many times now.

I am more interested in MW3 than BF3 currently since I get more enjoyment from CoD and other infantry only style games.

These games are going to continue like the Friday the 13th series, part 256 coming soon!

The sad thing is all those people that said I'm never going to buy another MW game after Black Ops will be first in line at the pre-order.

I didn't buy MW2 and definitely won't be touching this.

i think EA and ACTVISION will make big bucks off the collective gaming sheep (i am sheep too, FYI :o)

Only if they are available on Steam (sick of scratched CD's/DVD's) and only when they are on special for $10 :yes:

These games are going to continue like the Friday the 13th series, part 256 coming soon!

The sad thing is all those people that said I'm never going to buy another MW game after Black Ops will be first in line at the pre-order.

I didn't buy MW2 and definitely won't be touching this.

I never bought any of the COD games for the pc, and the last COD game I bought for the 360 was WaW, the rest of them I borrowed from a friend. Sad to say I bought also BC2 and was disappointed in that too, think DICE spent too much time trying to cater to the COD/HALO fanbase with specs aka perks, regenerative health, core and hardcore, etc

Edited by No_Nickname

An analyst at Cowen and Company has stated that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's pre-orders are coming in thick and fast - even faster than the previous two.

"Pre-orders already appear to be flowing in, as Amazon.com lists the Xbox 360 version of the game at #3 in their top 100 selling titles across all platforms and the PS3 version of the game at #12." said Doug Creutz, an analyst from the company.

"By comparison, we note that last year's Call of Duty title, Black Ops, placed its 360 and PS3 versions #74 and #76 in the Amazon top 100 during the week its initial trailer was released, and at #49 and #73, respectively, during the first full week following the initial trailer."

This year's Call of Duty is being developed by three companies: Infinity Ward, Raven Software and Sledgehammer Games. It's due for release on the 8th of November, 2011.

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/modern-warfare-3-pre-orders-flowing-in--5121.html

avatar250_normal.jpg @fourzerotwo Robert Bowling

@Banana2077 No details on the PC version are known yet, but I will be open about them as we finish features. #transparency #MW3

https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/71693215899729920

i read that as : "we haven't started porting over from xbox yet"

• Upvote 1

still the same engine after all these years....

They will keep using the same engine until the sales dip significantly. If they spent as much money on gameplay as they do advertising we wouldn't be tired of COD by now. :P