Call of Duty Ghosts

MaydaX

I hated the fact that even black ops 2 didn't have dedicated servers so I didn't buy it. I made a big mistake in buying mw3 and I bearly played it. There's no way I'm buying this one either without dedi servers. I looked forward in Black ops 2 to rent a server for s&d but wasn't to be.

System Requirements     

Minimum         

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better        

RAM: 6 GB RAM        

HDD    : 40 GB HD space        

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better        

Sound: DirectX compatible sound card        

DirectX®: DirectX® 11        

Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209160/

why the vid cards are "half decent" and the processors are really ancient?

That's what I am also wondering too. BF4 is a bit more demanding after playing the open beta. We won't know for sure how Ghosts will run on our rigs until the game is released. I am going to take a wild guess because of it's engine as always. If you look at the release notes of the engines used in the CoD games, you won't see too much of a difference until IW6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_Engine

I got the retail version. It has 4 disks. lol

Reminds me of the 6 disk version of COD2. :)

Edit: It won't run on 4GB of ram. I would need to buy more.

Double Edit: Less than a day that the game is out, someone already created a patch to bypass the 6GB of ram requirement.

http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63504&start=330

Note: I have no idea if these will give a VAC ban or not, because it does not show VAC on the game page of steam.:

IW6_RamFix-Steam006.rar

Here is another 3rd party patch:

Ghosts RAM Fix v1.0.rar

Activision died a long time ago for me.. around the time they announced mw2 wasn't going to have dedi servers after we've been waiting for that game for two years. They basically sold us out.

Since then they've made cod pretty much a consoleported moneyhog and basically told the PC community to go F**k themselves

Server admin capabilities are virtually next to nothing and of course giving gameservers.com and its licencees the exclusive on hosting

and the non-existent mods/support pretty much killed it dead for anyone looking to play something for more than the time it takes to get bored with it, which should take about the time you need to finish the campaign.

The only mistake i've made was buying black oops because people were nagging me if i was going to get a server

Turned out you cant start an FFA with less than 4 players and even then you can only have 9 so there goes putting your guy on the server to get it going. Getting console deja vu here or what

The gamepad support option pretty much gave away what direction COD would be following from there on out..

Safe to say I'll never purchase any COD installment again unless i have lost my mind for some reason

I wish there were more people like me keeping the door shut on companies that sell me and the PC gaming community out, we would have so much better games if we made a fist against bad game development. But no, people just cry for about 2 months then buy the game anyway cause theyre sheep

F**k that

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/11/08/activision-admits-call-of-duty-ghosts-didnt-outsell-black-ops-2-at-launch/?partner=yahootix

It seemed like Call of Duty’s day-one sales record streak would come to an end when they were forced to premiere their new game, Ghosts, across six different platforms not all available at the same time. It was all but confirmed when the numbers Activision released the next day boasted of a billion dollars worth of units shipped, not sold. But now, they’re finally saying it out loud.

Previously, Call of Duty had outsold its past installment on day one by tens or hundreds million dollars more with each new annual release, ultimately culminating in $500M day one sales of Black Ops 2 last year. This year, however, their record was snapped, or rather obliterated, by Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V which had $800M in day one sales. Activision claimed that they wanted to “take their throne back” from Rockstar with Ghosts, but given the next-gen console landscape of the Xbox One and PS4, that wasn’t likely going to be possible.

Many players are probably holding out another few weeks to pick up copies of Call of Duty: Ghosts for the next-gen systems they’ve preordered. It’s why sales aren’t anywhere close to GTA V, but also not at Black Ops 2′s level either. The same is true for other franchises like EA’s Battlefield 4 and Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed 4, where sales are down ahead of the release of the new consoles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can not believe he dangled the ol "Mod Tools" carrot in front of everyone's face. It will NEVER HAPPEN, when will people realize that.

And they will think about real ranked dedicated servers someone can rent "after launch", what a joke. They really do not care at all about PC community or "clans" any longer.

Ski

Agree there. Wasnt Modtools promised for Black Ops.