Call of Duty Black Ops Server Rentals

Live

Uhm, did you even consider the fact that the statement was relevant to the GSP who wants to provide COD:BO servers?

Who should be fully informed and aware of customer opinions regarding a potential product.

(answer honestly now? no.)

P.S. I believe the same happened in the MW2 pre-order thread! It's just a bonus that it's Activision bashing :P

The only thing I can say right now is that we've been in contact with Activision and will be again next week. I'll have something concrete next week by the sounds of things.

good luck

keep us informed

Uhm, did you even consider the fact that the statement was relevant to the GSP who wants to provide COD:BO servers?

Who should be fully informed and aware of customer opinions regarding a potential product.

(answer honestly now? no.)

In light that its been confirmed that there is only one "exclusive" - GSP for COD-BO, the first part is irrelevant.

As to the second part,(in veiw of the first part) No, your right. I did not. :D

Trusted providers crap is getting old. If M$ did it, people would cry Anti-Trust but it's OK when EA or Activision does it. Nothing left to PC gaming but greedy corps and huge gsps who are more worried about money then to stand up for what's right. The publishers are screwed without the gsps but the select few that get trusted provider status see it as less competition so they won't say no.

I've truely had enough of ranked and trusted provider shit end of story. I truely hope smaller gsps launch an anti-trust suit in the future.

• Upvote 1

Trusted providers crap is getting old. If M$ did it, people would cry Anti-Trust but it's OK when EA or Activision does it. Nothing left to PC gaming but greedy corps and huge gsps who are more worried about money then to stand up for what's right. The publishers are screwed without the gsps but the select few that get trusted provider status see it as less competition so they won't say no.

I've truely had enough of ranked and trusted provider shit end of story. I truely hope smaller gsps launch an anti-trust suit in the future.

Here is the email address to send one off and fight for this. [email protected]

I do believe it violates the Sherman Antitrust Act and the Federal Trade Commission Act.

Awefully funny that you should mention that MaydaX as that is exactly the complaint I forwarded to the DOJ this morning and I've planted the seed amongst a number of providers to start a consortium amongst us to retain counsel collectively and have this reversed. This is a clear cut case of a monopoly as only one company has the ability to offer this across not only multiple States but it is a world wide pandimonium as well.

However, in the end, all those that stated they wouldn't support mw2...look what they did. I sincerely doubt I'll be able to get anywhere and if there isn't enough interest to seriously pursue this interest from other Providers whether they are small or large (I doubt many of us will get along long enough to determine who is going to shell out what...) then I'll be dropping it at the end of next week. I'm willing to put $5,000 in the kitty to retain counsel and seek a legal injunction. I wonder how much that would impact this if it were able to suspend the PC market release based on that. :eek:

http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/divisionmanual/chapter2.pdf

Edited by Live

Here is the email address to send one off and fight for this. [email protected]

I do believe it violates the Sherman Antitrust Act and the Federal Trade Commission Act.

Awefully funny that you should mention that MaydaX as that is exactly the complaint I forwarded to the DOJ this morning and I've planted the seed amongst a number of providers to start a consortium amongst us to retain counsel collectively and have this reversed. This is a clear cut case of a monopoly as only one company has the ability to offer this across not only multiple States but it is a world wide pandimonium as well.

However, in the end, all those that stated they wouldn't support mw2...look what they did. I sincerely doubt I'll be able to get anywhere and if there isn't enough interest to seriously pursue this interest from other Providers whether they are small or large (I doubt many of us will get along long enough to determine who is going to shell out what...) then I'll be dropping it at the end of next week. I'm willing to put $5,000 in the kitty to retain counsel and seek a legal injunction. I wonder how much that would impact this if it were able to suspend the PC market release based on that. :eek:

http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/divisionmanual/chapter2.pdf

Well isn't EA Sport's deal whhere they have exclusive rights to make NFL games kind of similar..? I don't see much being done about that either.

Yes, COD:BO will use VAC and Steam.

Looks like another COD release I will be bypassing them, shame really as I had high hopes they would rectify all the mistakes of MW2. Should of known better.:(

This may sound insane, but is there NO way of streaming whatever VAC uses to check file integrity to PBBans in a similar fashion like PB does? It seems like the bigger Steam gets, the more games may be using VAC instead of PB. I think EvenBalance needs to get off their asses a bit more as it seems like they are dying off slowly as the PC gaming market evolves.

You guys still going to shell out $60 US for this turd?

depends

• mostly on what it looks/plays like after drop
  • whether or not my unemployment holds out ( not likely :( )
  • what my community decides to do

Edited by HSMagnet

Yup, another COD fail brought to us by our good friends at Craptivision. Indie anyone?

depends

• whether or not my unemployment holds out ( not likely :(

Sorry to hear that Dude. Been there, I know how sucky that can be.