Battlefield 3

MaydaX

It was downloading for me at 3:10am EST. :)

did it download correctly at 3:10am EST, or just have a download bar swirl but not actually do anything? My Origin originally showed 3:00am. I'm EST. Went to download now, I tried to download at 3amish. Had it show downloading but errored out, then Origin updated it to 5:15am.

Check out my screenshots. This was last night. I already downloaded this morning, but it was strange.

Originally showed:

post-141740-0-64258900-1363101545_thumb.jpg

Then after trying to download:

post-141740-0-87529900-1363101554_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crotan

Thats depressing.

That DICE fails to implement features that they've released in earlier titles? Really drives me nuts, that someone in the community has to show this stuff off, rather than DICE.

• Upvote 2

That DICE fails to implement features that they've released in earlier titles? Really drives me nuts, that someone in the community has to show this stuff off, rather than DICE.

+1 and agreed.

• 1 month later...

So apparently DICE is very interested in eSports support for the upcoming Battlefield 4 game.

However, what they’ve forgotten to mention is that Battlefield 3 has an eSports feature dubbed “Matches” (eSports is the internal name).

Now, you may say that the “Matches” feature is just for organizing multiplayer games at a given time with specific options/settings.

Well, I say that there’s more to it than meets the eye.

The eSports system has full support for specifying specific rosters for both teams, has other variable settings (like equipment limitations) and has full spectation support.

To be a bit more specific, when it comes to hosting a “match”, there are two types of players that are allowed to join (since the game becomes private):

• Rosters (Competitive team players), and
  • Spectators

I should also note that these spectators are not exactly like the regular spectators I mentioned in a previous post.

They’re being handled specifically by the eSports system.

Now, I don’t want to make any promises, but the full featured eSports system might be included in the project code-named Venice at a later time.

http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?8334-DICE-s-interest-in-eSports

• Upvote 1

Interesting

Total Control

Tired of having your eyes tired by the blue tint? Maybe you dislike suppression or want to disable destruction for a more competitive match. Or maybe you just want to have control over a wide set of features and settings that were initially hidden from you.

Unleashed Features

Witness the return of Spectator Mode, a functional Commo Rose and many more previously hidden, half-implemented or disabled game features. We’re also discovering and unleashing new features along the way, so stay tuned!

Mod Support

Using our powerful Extension System, which exposes lots of engine/game functions and abilities, you can now create your own unique mods and gamemodes, without the need of performing complicated and game-breaking file modifications.

http://www.veniceunleashed.net/

• Upvote 1

And at the footer of the link above says this:

Venice Unleashed is a member of the Emulator Nexus network.

All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Designed and built by NoFaTe using Bootstrap, jQuery and PHP.

I guess it is not official? lol :P

• 1 month later...

http://bf3blog.com/2013/06/close-quarters-is-now-free-double-xp-in-progress/

To celebrate the announcement of Battlefield 4 at E3 2013, DICE and EA have rewarded BF3 players with a free DLC: Close Quarters is now free to play for all BF3 owners, not just Premium members. If you’re a Premium member, you can now also take advantage of the double XP “weekend”, or rather, “week”, as you can now get double XP for the rest of the week in BF3. DICE is currently showcasing BF4 at E3, and you can check out the first multiplayer gameplay trailer

• 2 weeks later...

Season three of Battlefield Friends already started!!!!!

Here are the first three episodes of season three! (The third episode will be another post).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGXB0HpwEmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0XbD2hV5qE

Edited by Chaos1907

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Battlefield 3 for PC is absolutely free for a limited time with Origin On the House.

You read that right. Battlefield 3 on PC is totally free, but only for a week. 

All you have to do is add it to your Origin game library and it’s yours to keep forever. Just download it when you get a chance.

Already playing Battlefield? We’ve got something for you, too.

Plants vs. Zombies on PC and Mac is also free right now with Origin On the House. Same deal, just add it to your game library and it’s yours for as long as you want it. 

For more chance to score free games, look out for Origin Free Code Friday and read up on the EA Tuesday Exclusive. On the House titles change frequently so keep checking back.

Remember, you can download Battlefield 3 on PC right now, for free, but only until June 3.

http://www.ea.com/news/battlefield-3-is-free-on-pc-with-origin-on-the-house

I really hope we'll see a massive banwave soon. Tonight only I had to ban 10 LEVEL 0 cheaters, all blocking PB screenshots and aimbotting...

* sigh *

Going to be a busy couple of weeks again...

Edited by EBassie

I really hope we'll see a massive banwave soon. Tonight only I had to ban 10 LEVEL 0 cheaters, all blocking PB screenshots and aimbotting...

* sigh *

Going to be a busy couple of weeks again...

BF3 free on Origin = 500% more stress for server admins ^^ Yesterday we had more than 40 Level 1 players on our server in one game, but it takes so much time to figure out which are 2nd accounts of good players or which ones are cheaters. ^^

It takes so much time to figure out which are 2nd accounts of good players or which ones are cheaters.

:D My favourite pass time currently...

I must say I'm happy how Punkbuster is behaving: bans keep rolling in.

And the blatant aimbotters get no more than 20 kills on my server before getting banned. ProconRulz FTW!

Also, I'm still using various insane limits for insane KDR & SPM. That helps restrict them from entering the server even better :)
The only issue I now have is the complete level zero's coming in. But they usually get banned pretty fast. It's not like most of them play subtle.

Haven't had a single player wrongfully banned. And I banned already 60+ players from my Metro server in two days.

*sigh* Oh well it will get the ban wave going, one player done on our servers by PBBans streaming only had the account active for 15 minutes.

:awno::tableflip-desk-table:  I wonder how many times BF3 will be downloaded by each player.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...