Battlefield 3

MaydaX

If you can't take a joke, then click on the "Sign Out" button at the top of the forums and have a nice day! :)

I guess some ppl don't recognise sarcasm when they see it.

Done with this topic.

I wouldn't joke about that with the number of devs dropping PB for VAC these days :P

We'd be blind to not see the way its going. But I'd sure like to see EA give EB one last shot. Not so much as they've earned it, but just in hopes they can get their SS utility in line w/ 2011.

Without it, theres not alot of difference between the two choices.

I'd like BF3 to be the best and last military fps I buy for a long time. My two main worries is a repeat of e/candy over Battlefield specific features, and VAC.

Butt

I'm preordering, pardon my language, I don't give a shit about the details I was a hardcore BF2 player. Got called hacker a lot, used teamwork to the extreme, so I'm all for an updated version of BF2. And for those of you complaining about how "buggy" games are, no game is perfect upon release, NONE. BC2 took many patches but now works fine.

My sentiments exactly.. when did people stop playing games for fun and start playing them to pick them to shreds or complain before they even try? If it aint for you don't play it.. simples. Read too many forums where they judge a game on everything but the fun factor. When did it become cool to be so damn negative?

• Upvote 2

I will pre-order too... been waiting for this for a long time. Heck... I was going to pre-order before "Back at Karkand" was announced. Just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

man!

amazing the difference between "gameplay based on pre-alpha software" and the "planning to introduce the enhanced graphics in a patch that released "some time after" the game appeared in stores."

amazing the difference between "gameplay based on pre-alpha software" and the "planning to introduce the enhanced graphics in a patch that released "some time after" the game appeared in stores."

Looks really good yes but how does it run outside the office on real PC's. I won't get excited over BF3 until I can actually play it on my PC.

All the eye candy in the world can't make a

game fun.

That looks really good!

Moving the guy out of the line of fire too, very nice.

Starting to get interesting this game, I hope it continues like that in MP B)

• 2 weeks later...
Battlefield 3 developer DICE has thrown down the gauntlet in the raging battle for first-person shooter supremacy, warning its rivals: We're coming for you.

Speaking in the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine - which is arriving with subscribers now - DICE general manager, Karl-Magnus Troedsson was more than confident in his stunning FPS, cautioning the competition: "they had better watch out".

"Our competitors are getting lazy," he said. "They're using the same engine, the same recipe for building a game. At some point you need to take that leap. I haven't seen them take that leap since a long time ago.

"We are doing that now. They had better watch out. We are coming for them."

If it was any other developer of course we'd scoff, but Battlefield 3 is looking like seriously hot stuff, running on the stunning Frostbite 2.0 engine which DICE claims allows for essentially a 'next-gen' game on current-gen systems.

But of course the shadow of Call of Duty looms large over every military shooter - especially those confident enough to tread all over its modern day, middle-east territory.

But DICE is still bullish - and it should be. "Our competitors keep building very, very high tempo games. We want to tell a story with more drama curves. It's not about pumping round after round for six hours," Troedsson told OPM.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/293153/news/dice-our-competitors-are-getting-lazy-were-coming-for-them/

Rudedog over at FPSAdmin posted this comment:

I would not be calling them lazy when your own studio released so called "new maps" that where simple expansions of your already in game maps. To me that's the definition of lazy.

So in BF3 PC will we see a command console, public server files, mod tools, sprint-strafe, smooth avatar movement, more maps on release, better hit registration, first person demo recording, battle recorder and less server lag?

Lets see how far of a leap BF3 takes this fall.

I think the point they were making is that at least they're building a new engine instead of re-hashing the same one as the COD franchise has been doing since COD4 .. i think? I dare say any new COD this year will also be on same engine.

Will BF3 run like crap?.. maybe... but if it offers far more in gameplay then any other "spawn die spawn die" FPS, I am sure it will please a few people, irrelevant of server file releases and mod tools. I for one have missed my jet and helo and tanks that actually move faster then a snail.

• Upvote 1

i think many of you die hard bf2 fans are going to be very upset when bf3 drops. no way in hell i am buying another fiasco from DICE or most any other fps tbh.

surely not another Crappy Old Douch

I dare say some DIE hard BF2 fans will find BF3 a big leap if they haven't even looked at bc2 between the two titles. I'm not a die hard bf2 fan I stopped playing it a long time ago but when i was playing it was the variety in the game that kept me going back for more. IO bored the pants off me. Most FPS are now released for IO fans who want close quarter fast paced, no squad play, no tactics gaming. If BF3 goes that way instead of back to its roots then yeah there's gonna be alot of pissed off people.

I will be getting it, I may be disappointed and if I am, I promise you it'll be the last FPS multiplayer I'll be bothering with.

In all fairness they're doing the same crap with Frostbite. BC2 = Frostbite, MoH = Frostbite, BF3 = Frostbite. Hell even MoH used UDK3 for Single player. Who cares what number you slap on the end of the engine, it's still the SAME engine.

• Upvote 1

In all fairness they're doing the same crap with Frostbite. BC2 = Frostbite, MoH = Frostbite, BF3 = Frostbite. Hell even MoH used UDK3 for Single player. Who cares what number you slap on the end of the engine, it's still the SAME engine.

see, even Piggy figured it out

I think BF3 will use Frostbite 2 this time. It could be better or worse than the original. Who knows anymore!

• Upvote 1