Battlefield 3 File Tweaker and MD5Tool kicks

MaydaX

Sometimes it is better to have no Knowledge at all, as a person with a little bit of Knowledge is dangerous to themselves and others :)

@fozzer

Thanks for cleaning that up

• Upvote 2

Hi all. We just wanted to give you a short update on our anti-cheat measures and how we think about a couple of aspects regarding this in Battlefield 3. As you know, we are always striving to keep Battlefield 3 as fair as possible of a game. This takes many shapes and forms, including (but not limited to): Reading the reports that you file; Analyzing player behavior and stats to catch potential cheaters; And hiring more people with the full-time job of increasing our anti-cheat measures and decreasing our response times.

To make sure that everyone on the Battlefield plays multiplayer on equal terms, we also want to make sure that the game files have not been compromised for any reason. For us, a changed game file indicates the user is trying to affect the game to get the upper hand in multiplayer, whether that’s by modifying the graphics or making the game otherwise behave in a manner that is not as designed. We will not differentiate between someone who has modified the game for reasons he thinks are benign and a player doing it to cause grief online.

Players tampering with the game files for any reason need to know that this is against DICE and EA policy and is grounds for banning. Everyone else just needs to know that we will always strive to create a fair online gaming environment.

For more information on what you can do if you play against someone that you suspect is cheating, check this previous Battlelog News post.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654786467338271/

• Upvote 1

so the bottom line we wont be banned from PunkBuster if we use this tweak . -_-

BuT we WILL be banned by EA/Dice if we used it ! :banghead:

We can not speak for Even Balance / PunkBuster™ software /EA/DICE, or anyone else for that matter.

What we can do is speak on behalf of the server admins that stream their BF3 servers via PBBans.

If you join a PBBans protected BF3 server that is running the PBBans issued MD5 scans and are using the BF3 tweaker, you will be kicked from the server.

You will be able to play when the tweaker has been completely removed from your BF3 game install.

• Upvote 2

As discussed somewhere else here on PBBans, reducing the sun effetcs (the milder form of editing dev files) in BF3 is changing the game files (EULA breach) and will create an unfair advantage for those who use it. If it was up to me - I would go for a ban on this matter, but then I have a background in league and competive gaming and is ultra towards fair play along with my team mates in game over squad.

As discussed somewhere else here on PBBans, reducing the sun effetcs (the milder form of editing dev files) in BF3 is changing the game files (EULA breach) and will create an unfair advantage for those who use it. If it was up to me - I would go for a ban on this matter, but then I have a background in league and competive gaming and is ultra towards fair play along with my team mates in game over squad.

I would agree about the ban but they really should leave it to PBBans and GGC to search the "correct" MD5TOOL file for the filmtweaks. Now they're letting the players report players of a cheat which to me is wrong. EB has that in place but we use PB as a tool along with GGC. It clearly doesn't what DICE does because they could simply look at our BF3 MBi and ban everyone from their Origin Accounts. If they already have a ban on PBBans or GGC, they can't play on a server being streamed to them because its an enforced prior ban. Clearly DICE didn't think it thoroughly in my honest opinion.

What should happen is they prevent it from working to begin with. Do what other games do and perform file integrity checks when they join a server and if they fail, the person is kicked from the server. The method and technology has been used for many years now.

A pure server is one that forces all clients on the server to use content that matches what is on the server. This prevents cheating by modifying game content, e.g. increasing the size of models or volume of footsteps, or making wall materials transparent.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Pure_Servers

Quake 3 also integrated a relatively elaborate cheat-protection system called "pure server." Any client connecting to a pure server automatically has pure mode enabled, and while pure mode is enabled only files within data packs can be accessed. Clients are disconnected if their data packs fail one of several integrity checks. The cgame.qvm file, with its high potential for cheat-related modification, is subject to additional integrity checks. Developers must manually deactivate pure server to test maps or mods that are not in data packs using the .pk3 file format.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech_3

If they ban everyone who used it they may have a harder time selling BF4 on PC.

Hey there new here ,

So is this safe to use just to get better looking graphics or not because the game graphics as they are now look kinder depressing and have no life to them ,

So please is this safe to use ?

I cant see what the problem would be to make the game look better do you ?

Hey there new here ,

So is this safe to use just to get better looking graphics or not because the game graphics as they are now look kinder depressing and have no life to them ,

So please is this safe to use ?

I cant see what the problem would be to make the game look better do you ?

Please read the original post of this topic.

Sorry i have to rant on Tags last comment and say. With that attitude you are exactly the person that none of us like, and the sooner this is made into a ban the better IMO Ok so its not your average aimbot/ESP but it definatly does enhance peoples game play especially if you are able to adjust the intensity of the sun for example on certain maps.

I think if PBBans keep this as a kick punishment and cant join a pbbans server untill it is removed then you can say that about any MD5tool I feel that any thing that will change gamplay for the user for the better is a cheat and should be banned regardelss.

Please can we maybe have a vote on this as ultimatly you cannot differentiate wether it is for the use of removing the blue tint or using a cheat.

Please can we maybe have a vote on this as ultimatly you cannot differentiate wether it is for the use of removing the blue tint or using a cheat.

I don't see a need for a vote on anything.

One of our core priorities is to provide streaming admins with the cleanest gaming environment as is humanly possible.

By providing a MD5 scan that kicks for players using the BF3 tweaker that also contains settings to cheat with, we are helping provide that clean gaming environment.

EA/DICE and Even Balance are aware of what is contained in the BF3 tweaker and either one, or both, may take more drastic action at some time in the future.

It's a chance that users of this tweaker, such as Tags, will have to take, if they persist in using it.

• Upvote 1

I don't see a need for a vote on anything.

One of our core priorities is to provide streaming admins with the cleanest gaming environment as is humanly possible.

By providing a MD5 scan that kicks for players using the BF3 tweaker that also contains settings to cheat with, we are helping provide that clean gaming environment.

EA/DICE and Even Balance are aware of what is contained in the BF3 tweaker and either one, or both, may take more drastic action at some time in the future.

It's a chance that users of this tweaker, such as Tags, will have to take, if they persist in using it.

Ok fair comment, and probably right to as the MD5 scan will kick for this anyway. I do MD5 scan on all my servers so im happy and feel safe that my server wont be botherd by this, i know there was someone that said they dont scan but i suppose the option is there for them to protect themselfs by scanning.

I don't think you're supposed to share the MD5 scans that PBBans puts out. In this case it's to another AntiCheat group but I would think if they wanted to share their stuff they would be.

Sorry i have to rant on Tags last comment and say. With that attitude you are exactly the person that none of us like, and the sooner this is made into a ban the better IMO Ok so its not your average aimbot/ESP but it definatly does enhance peoples game play especially if you are able to adjust the intensity of the sun for example on certain maps.

I think if PBBans keep this as a kick punishment and cant join a pbbans server untill it is removed then you can say that about any MD5tool I feel that any thing that will change gamplay for the user for the better is a cheat and should be banned regardelss.

I am not adjusting the intensity of the sun , All I am using it for is to take out the blue tint where is the damage in that oh sorry I must be cheating don't think so man .

Do you really think I would risk getting ban for all most £100 pound game with DLC's no . Just using the tweak tool to take out blue that's it and it giving a true red crosshair not pink like dice give us . All so let say they make another tweak tool with out the sun sliders would that make you happy .The game as it is out the box it dull and life less this tweak is the best thing this game could ever have ,And if people started getting ban for using that would be the craziest thing ever .I can understand them getting ban for editing and tweaking the files manually I agree with that ,But getting ban for using the tweak tool I would have to disagree with that . And I am no cheat and I hate people that do cheat but tweaking gfx to look better is not cheating my book .

I am not adjusting the intensity of the sun , All I am using it for is to take out the blue tint where is the damage in that oh sorry I must be cheating don't think so man .

Do you really think I would risk getting ban for all most £100 pound game with DLC's no . Just using the tweak tool to take out blue that's it and it giving a true red crosshair not pink like dice give us . All so let say they make another tweak tool with out the sun sliders would that make you happy .The game as it is out the box it dull and life less this tweak is the best thing this game could ever have ,And if people started getting ban for using that would be the craziest thing ever .I can understand them getting ban for editing and tweaking the files manually I agree with that ,But getting ban for using the tweak tool I would have to disagree with that . And I am no cheat and I hate people that do cheat but tweaking gfx to look better is not cheating my book .

The whole point of us issuing MD5 scans to kick the users of the BF3 tweaker is all explained in the very first post of this topic which I specifically asked you to read.

In case you missed it, here is why PBBans has issued MD5 scans to detect users of the BF3 tweaker;

We know some only use it to remove the blue tint but it's also used to cheat.

and with EA/DICE and Even Balance in full receipt of what this tweaker is capable of, do not be surprised if some time in the future, users end up with a ban of some description.

The whole point of us issuing MD5 scans to kick the users of the BF3 tweaker is all explained in the very first post of this topic which I specifically asked you to read.

In case you missed it, here is why PBBans has issued MD5 scans to detect users of the BF3 tweaker;

and with EA/DICE and Even Balance in full receipt of what this tweaker is capable of, do not be surprised if some time in the future, users end up with a ban of some description.

Yes i read that mate ,

I was just replying to the guy that's pretty much calling me a cheat I am no cheat I hate people that do cheat and people that do should be ban ,But all i was saying is that I don't think people should get ban if not now but down the road for just tweaking the colours in the game to make it look better ,And yeah I understand that people can tweak the files but they cant do that within the tool so how is the tool cheating its not .

I am using the tool and wont be stopping any time soon the game look amazing with it .Better then the dull game that dice give out .Turn off HUE and its like playing another game and no more pink cross hairs .

So if this does become some thing that bans players I'm sure there will be 1000's that get ban and that's going to be sad day for EA i sure .

I am not to sure how this tweak tool works I no people are getting kicked for a file cas_50 ? I Dunno but I scan my pc and there's no cas_50 and that's the file that players are editing right so this tool does not change a thing , Don't create any new files and don't make cas_50 or is it just look for bite size >?

Lemme get this straight: realmware color tweaker. I will absolutely positively be safe with this?

As stated previously in the thread, we can only comment on the PBBans stance re these various programes.

We can not comment on what the EA/DICE, Even Balance stance is, or what their future intentions are re the various tweak programes out there.

Extract from post #1 in this announcement;

We are not kicking for BF3 Colour Tweaker released by Realmware.

We = PBBans.

PBBans can not predict what Even Balance or EA/DICE are going to do.

Acctually the topic starts of with MaydayX explaining why the MD5TOOL checks was added.

Some days after that PBBans (MaydayX) have distibuted the cas_xx check's (in another thread about BF 3 editor) the lead post is updated with info about GGC accidently stream an inverted kick statement causing all, including myself, being kicked from GGC servers for NOT have used that tool.

But the lead issue is about the tool and the addition of kicks for it when the tool can be used to cheat.

I'm pretty sure there is plenty of threads and post about it, but the core issue - playing competitvly (multiplayer vs each other modes) and changing fundamentals of environment, weapons, perceptive abilities to you advantage - WILL BE CONSIDERED CHEATING. As long as you READ, UNDERSTAND and COMPLIES the BF 3 EULA distributed from EA you are safe.

Obviously the BF 3 Editor is breaking the EULA for the BF 3 game since it is changing the game files in a way not allowed by the developer studio DICE and software distributor EA.

Edited by GOS_LEgiONary