Battlefield 3 File Tweaker and MD5Tool kicks

MaydaX

pbbans.png

We know some only use it to remove the blue tint but it's also used to cheat. For that reason we have added a MD5Tool scan that kicks for it over the past days. This is not an action from EA, DICE or Even Balance (PunkBuster). They have nothing to do with the current MD5Tool kicks for various .cas files.

If you are being kicked for MD5Tool Mismatch and it lists a file named cas_50.cas or higher then you have to remove the file and should perform a repair install using Origin to repair any game files that may have been modified by the tweaker.

We are not banning for it so removing the files you are kicked for and repairing your game install should stop you from being kicked. Please note that just because a player is kicked for this doesn't mean they are cheating.

We are not kicking for BF3 Colour Tweaker released by Realmware.

Oct 8th, 2012

If you are being kicked for "MD5Tool Mismatch: Update\Patch\Data\cas_50.cas (len=2048)" and you have never used the BF3 Tweaker please note GGC-Stream sent a invalid MD5Tool scan to many BF3 servers that stream to them.

[10.08.2012 17:47:34] ->PBSV: PB UCON "ggc_85.214.107.154"@85.214.107.154:xxxx [pb_sv_md5tool a "" v "Update\Patch\Data\cas_50.cas" SZ157840 AT4096 LEN2048 E57AFBBACE8391DF703CC6BFFA66D27A]

[10.08.2012 17:47:34] ->PBSV: Added MD5Tool Entry: a "" v "Update\Patch\Data\cas_50.cas" SZ157840 AT4096 LEN2048 "E57AFBBACE8391DF703CC6BFFA66D27A"

That checks if the file created by the BF3 tweaker is on your computer and if it is not then you get kicked.

Finally if you are a server admin and are thinking about making your own MD5 Tool scans please note this warning:

WARNING: This is an advanced topic intended for experienced server admins who are comfortable with running PunkBuster-enabled game servers. Improper use of the MD5Tool Facility can result in inadvertently configuring PunkBuster to kick all players from the server.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=md5tool.php

• Upvote 4

yah it kicked people that use ATi and dont use file tweakers, there are 1000's of people banned and they are freaking out on battlelog.

so what do i do, ininstall PBBANS now to fix this? my server went dead in 20 min and they were yelling at me for kicking and banning them.

i dont mess with MD5, never have. dont even know what it is...

Edited by eat5

i just got kicked for this just now on my server. i have never EVER used any mods for this game.

ive taken the time to manually update my punkbuster as it was outdated i believe.

if these kicks continue shoud i disable ggc from streaming on my servers?

actually, just erase PB folder, reinstall, then update it. thats works for me. im considering getting rid of GGC from my server...i have my account open and im ready to delete my server from it...

Edited by eat5

Battlefield 3 File Tweaker and MD5Tool kicks'm leader of a new clan and have never seen such a mess in our think a game has to be more careful with these types of things they are doing with decent players we'll see how things turn if it stays that way there is the guilt of those who do not happen to people pdoe inocents some good work.

Battlefield 3 File Tweaker and MD5Tool kicks'm leader of a new clan and have never seen such a mess in our think a game has to be more careful with these types of things they are doing with decent players we'll see how things turn if it stays that way there is the guilt of those who do not happen to people pdoe inocents some good work.

i go out of my way to keep the game cheat free, stay up all night reading my chat logs, made sure i was streaming PBBANS ans GGC. lame to the wrong people...

well my pc next to me wit my other account on my server just got kicked for the same bs as i did couple minutes ago. im just gonna delete my servers from ggc, this is the kinda stuff that can kill a server. people gettin randomly kicked for no reason at all...

Remove this line from your pbsv.cfg and pbsvuser.cfg then restart PB

pb_sv_md5tool a "" v "Update\Patch\Data\cas_50.cas" SZ157840 AT4096 LEN2048 E57AFBBACE8391DF703CC6BFFA66D27A

If it is not there you can restart PB and the check will be wiped from memory.

The MD5 issue is confined to servers that use GGC streaming.

Instead of checking for the files existence, and if it exists issue a server side kick.

GGC are checking for the files existence and if it does not exist, is issuing a server side kick.

It's a basic mistake, but like it says on the EB website;

WARNING: This is an advanced topic intended for experienced server admins who are comfortable with running PunkBuster-enabled game servers. Improper use of the MD5Tool Facility can result in inadvertently configuring PunkBuster to kick all players from the server.
  • Upvote 4

I tried :(

I mass sent a md5tool clear command to all BF3 servers followed by a pb_sv_load to reload the checks form the pb configs however GGC automatically re-added the bad check.

[10.08.2012 21:11:00] ->PBSV: PB UCON "ggc_85.214.107.154"@85.214.107.154:xxxx [pb_sv_md5tool a "" v "Update\Patch\Data\cas_50.cas" SZ157840 AT4096 LEN2048 E57AFBBACE8391DF703CC6BFFA66D27A]
  • Upvote 3

for the life of me May i cant find that line at all in any of the servers pbsv files. i just deleted my servers from ggc and restarting them and seeing what happens.

for the life of me May i cant find that line at all in any of the servers pbsv files. i just deleted my servers from ggc and restarting them and seeing what happens.

GGC re-adds the checks automatically without saving them to the config files so they just run in server memory. Removing GGC or disabling the MD5 Check option followed by restarting your server will fix it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah removed the servers from ggc and shut them off for about 15 minutes now. Bout to boot them up now. But now i need seeders :(

GGC gone from my server, they said no fix til tommorow in their forum,they told me i was uncivilized for my server dumping all the people.

lul wut?

uncivilized? for their mistake? priceless

• Upvote 1

lul wut?

uncivilized? for their mistake? priceless

GGC is mad imho. If I was in your shoes, I would politely tell them that they made the huge mistake of kicking the wrong people who are clean and temporarily dump the server.

To be fair it was just a streaming admin that thanked another streaming admin for remaining civilized when posting about the MD5 issue.

No GGC staff member accused eat5 of being uncivilized :)

Anyways, as soon as someone from the GGC staff who has the right access levels wakes up, this will fast become yesterdays news :P

This did have a very large impact on many players last night. I made a huge misstake explaining why a player got kicked for the cas_50 check on the Battlelog and almost lost an eye in the process. Thank god I eventually found MaydayX post here on PBBans where the GGC streaming explaination was to be found - This might have saved my life.

Thank you MaydayX!

:doomed:

Edited by GOS_LEgiONary

To be fair it was just a streaming admin that thanked another streaming admin for remaining civilized when posting about the MD5 issue.

No GGC staff member accused eat5 of being uncivilized :)

Anyways, as soon as someone from the GGC staff who has the right access levels wakes up, this will fast become yesterdays news :P

ohh i thought ozzman was staff the way he runs their forum over there, still rubbed me the wrong way he implied that by quoting me first with all his BS, at least PBBANS and their members respect you.

This did have a very large impact on many players last night. I made a huge misstake explaining why a player got kicked for the cas_50 check on the Battlelog and almost lost an eye in the process. Thank god I eventually found MaydayX post here on PBBans where the GGC streaming explaination was to be found - This might have saved my life.

I have personally given up on explaining anything on the BL forums.

The normal scenario is that you post an explanation.

One post later someone posts up the same issue, blaming EA / DICE / PB / EB .... the world and his dog :P and you are back to square one.

The misinformation posts and knowledge base of the average BL forum member re anti cheat issues never ceases to amaze me.

• Upvote 3

It would be nice that some people could understand what EB is and why it has no affiliation with EA and DICE.

Or anyone else for that matter :P

Even Balance is a stand alone company with no affiliations to anyone else.

Even Balance created, and use, PunkBuster™ software to detect cheat use.

Even Balance provide tools to assist server admins in keeping their servers cheat free.

Third party anti cheat organizations have no affiliations what so ever with Even Balance, but utilize the tools issued by Even Balance to also assist server admins who want to go that extra mile to keep their servers free of cheaters.

Using PBBans as an example (I do have a little knowledge on the subject :P ) here is what third party anti cheat organizations are all about;

http://www.pbbans.com/about-pbbans.html

I hear you Fozzer. First I did misstake the MD5TOOL kick for people having installed the Bf3 editor. On the 3rd page I did post a link to MaydayX post and an explaination of what is going on.... 5 pages later people are still crying about DICE and EA...

Not to mention how many new colorfull names I got

Average BL poster -> :sign0109:

Edited by GOS_LEgiONary

Average BL poster -> :sign0109:

Here's something 90% of posters don't know.

noob.png

I will literally laugh when those people were owned by EA and DICE saying somewhere along the lines that it was GGC in the first place.