Battlefield 3 and PBBans

MaydaX

Since we are being asked if PBBans is supporting Battlefield 3 I decided to give an update for anyone interested.

After some PB testing in BF3: Streaming works, other things don't (PBSS, Hub messages, PB kick messages in battlelog). Also the lack of a way to search or connect to a server using an IP may be an issue.

At this time we have not decided to support BF3 until we are sure PB integration is satisfactory. We jumped the gun on BFP4F which has a boat load of PB integration issues.

But I have faith in Kalms to have it sorted before release.

If you want to play on our test server it's:

NL i3D.net - PBBans.com Test

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/fa6bd053-4892-4761-a4f9-ce805238f8e1/NL-i3D-net-PBBans-com-Test/

213-163-68-231-25500.png

Thanks to the fine folks at i3d for providing us with a BF3 test server.

• Upvote 1

Since we are being asked if PBBans is supporting Battlefield 3 I decided to give an update for anyone interested.

After some PB testing in BF3: Streaming works, other things don't (PBSS, Hub messages, PB kick messages in battlelog). Also the lack of a way to search or connect to a server using an IP may be an issue.

At this time we have not decided to support BF3 until we are sure PB integration is satisfactory. We jumped the gun on BFP4F which has a boat load of PB integration issues.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/fa6bd053-4892-4761-a4f9-ce805238f8e1/NL-i3D-net-PBBans-com-Test/

213-163-68-231-25500.png

I thought DICE/EA said they had a fix for the PBSS issue... Or have they just not implemented it in the beta?

I thought DICE/EA said they had a fix for the PBSS issue... Or have they just not implemented it in the beta?

PBSS aren't being returned to the server at all now which is most likely because they are not implemented yet either from DICE or EB. I wouldn't worry about it at this point since we are still 3 weeks away.

That's one reason I said we have not desided if we are supporting it. No need to jump the gun and claim we will support it when the game isn't out of beta yet.

• Upvote 1

213-163-68-231-25500.png

I seriously hope you will have support for it because we have got 4 servers pre-ordered and paid for the year and we wouldn't dream of running them without having them stream to PBBans. sad.gif

I seriously hope you will have support for it because we have got 4 servers pre-ordered and paid for the year and we wouldn't dream of running them without having them stream to PBBans. sad.gif

I wouldn't worry about it :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...