Welcome to PBBans

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to PBBans, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of PBBans by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Battlefield 1943: Pacific

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 2,661 posts
On a distinguished road

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 08:04 AM

Rumor has it, a new Battlefield game will be announced later this week;

Battlefield 1943: Pacific which may be shown at NYCC soon.

Article here

On a side note, BF: BC2 has also been announced.

If this is true (which it probably is), I'm disappointed tbh. I'm really fed up with the whole WW2 genre for games, movies and everything else =/

Edit:

Release Date set for May 12th on PC and Xbox 360

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r, Mar 12, 2009 - 06:13 PM.

#2 hugin

hugin

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 4,166 posts
A step in the right direction

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 09:48 AM

Hmm :blink:
Battlefield Heroes, BF3 rumours and now this?
About time they at least get the BF2 1.5 Patch out and get something done before they start on "new" game releases...

#3 Buff

Buff

Accounts Management

• Operations Staff
  • 8,483 posts
Name is well known

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 09:59 AM

It's really there: http://www.battlefield.com/1943/

Battlefield 1943 will be available for Xbox Live Arcarde, PlayStation Network and on PC for download.
The game has Frostbite-Enabled Destruction.

- 24 player maps
- Only 3 maps?? Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Wake Island

#4 Duality

Duality

Accounts Jedi

• Operations Staff
  • 4,853 posts
Has a spectacular aura

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 10:00 AM

I wish they would finish making their old games before releasing new ones.

#5 hugin

hugin

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 4,166 posts

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 10:01 AM

I wish they would finish making their old games before releasing new ones.

+1

#6 Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 2,661 posts
On a distinguished road

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 11:31 AM

I'm really hoping for it to be a decent game, but it will probably fail just as hard as Vietnam or try to mimic CoD: WW and fail that way.

Perhaps we should be hoping for it to fail so that they may release BF3 straight afterwards.

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r, Feb 5, 2009 - 11:41 AM.

#7 hugin

hugin

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 4,166 posts

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 11:36 AM

Agree Lucky, and my guess is this game will be ported code from consoles, and that will end in fail...

#8 Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 2,661 posts
On a distinguished road

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 11:42 AM

Let's hope it has PB support too.

Does Evenbalance/EA usually announce these sort of things right away or do they wait a while after the game has been announced?

They already announced it for Heroes way back..so I hope this doesn't mean that 1943 won't have PB as that would completely kill the game.

Agree Lucky, and my guess is this game will be ported code from consoles, and that will end in fail...

The coding in BF2/2142 is horrible as well, I wonder if it could be any worse :D

We'll find out...

PS. Release date is currently planned for Summer 2009.

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r, Feb 5, 2009 - 11:54 AM.

#9 Woolf

Woolf

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 240 posts
None

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 12:18 PM

I'm looking forward to it, though I hope they just get back to basics when it comes to ranks and what not. The ranking restrictions in BF2142/BF2 for server admins are extremely annoying and problematic... I think not including an 'official' ranking system in BF1943 would be the key to it's success. It wouldn't be hard for server admins to setup their own stats anyway.

#10 Duality

Duality

Accounts Jedi

• Operations Staff
  • 4,853 posts
Has a spectacular aura

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 12:29 PM

This is consigned to failure imo.

#11 surfy

surfy

Super Sleuth

• Operations Staff
  • 11,445 posts
  • Steam:surfy79
Has a brilliant future

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 01:34 PM

DICE ANNOUNCES BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2
2/5/2009

DICE today announced Battlefield: Bad Company 2™, the sequel to last year’s blockbuster title. In this installment, the Bad Company crew again find themselves in the heart of the action, where they must use every weapon and vehicle at their disposal to survive. The action unfolds with unprecedented intensity, introducing a level of fervor to vehicular warfare never before experienced in a modern warfare action game. To get ready for the assault this winter, players can prepare for action in Battlefield 1943™, an all-new multiplayer game available this summer via PlayStation®Store, Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace and on the PC.
In Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the ‘B’ company fight their way through snowy mountaintops, dense jungles and dusty villages. With a heavy arsenal of deadly weapons and a slew of vehicles to aid them, the crew set off on their mission and they are ready to blow up, shoot down, blast through, wipe out and utterly destroy anything that gets in their way. Total destruction is the name of the game, delivered as only the DICE next generation Frostbite™ engine can. Either online or offline, enemies will soon learn there is nowhere to hide. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the PC.

“Bad Company 2 takes everything that players liked in the original and ups the ante – more vehicles, more destruction and more team play,” said Karl Magnus Troedsson, Executive Producer Battlefield Franchise, DICE. “Battlefield 1943 is a new take on a blast from the past classic coming to life with brand new technology that we’re eager to get into players hands.”

#12 AfeX^ruari

AfeX^ruari

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 399 posts
None

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 03:52 PM

frostbite engine so yes ported from bad company (yep its gonna be a bit hit and miss)

in the end of the day we wall know there is a big gap in the market. Whether or not this fills it only time will tell.

#13 Big_Guy21

Big_Guy21

Normal User

• Operations Staff
  • 2,976 posts
Will become famous

Posted Feb 5, 2009 - 09:25 PM

I like the idea of destructible environments, but this being a console port is going to make it fail. And also, 24 player servers? What happened to the 64 player servers that do so well?

Anyhow, I want the bf2 patch.

#14 Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 2,661 posts
On a distinguished road

Posted Feb 6, 2009 - 07:52 AM

3 maps, 24 slots per server...download-only...

This game is a recipe for disaster :o

#15 hugin

hugin

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 4,166 posts

Posted Feb 6, 2009 - 08:35 AM

3 maps, 24 slots per server...download-only...

This game is a recipe for disaster :o

And if it comes without PB support it will be an big success TBH :D

#16 Sixshot

Sixshot

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted Feb 6, 2009 - 03:07 PM

24 players is probably not a big deal, at least from my perspective. But I suppose if the map is large enough, it'll turn the rounds into slow moving ones. Wasn't 42 more fast-paced? I wasn't around during that time (I'm a spoiled brat from the BF2 era).

I do agree that BF2/2142 are both horribly coded. It's a lot worse when you consider that the weapons and bullet system they use is just as bad and worse than other games (power to the Baur gun!). Download-only? Sorry, I prefer to find my games at a discounted price on the early week(s), thus I rather pick up the physical copy first. That's how I did it with BF2. That's how I did it with Orange Box. That's how I did it with BF2: Special Forces. And that's how I did it with CoD:WaW.

So DICE/EA is making Bad Company 2, BF'43, and BF2 1.5, and then there's the vaporware BF3. Wow. Have they ever heard of "doing one thing at a time?" They are starting to become like the defunct comic company Dreamwave (bonus cookie points to anyone who knows that one).

#17 Agent-86

Agent-86

Normal User

• Deactivated
  • 169 posts
Has shameless behaviour

Posted Feb 6, 2009 - 07:30 PM

BF Series is nothing more than a cash cow for EA At this point, doesn't matter how crappy the game is, they have a big enough fan base, people will buy it off title alone.

And so true about the bullet detection/hit boxes, by far the worse I've seen.. Still remember that Youtube video showing how bad it is in BF2... while running, the hit box is dragged behind you. Horrid

#18 Mashman

Mashman

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted Feb 7, 2009 - 02:14 AM

I see no need to buy this.
EA involved, 24 player (and still laggy), full of bugs that will never be fixed after 3 years, over-run by hackers in 24 hours.... Did I miss anything in my easy money predictions?

#19 bishop

bishop

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
None

Posted Feb 7, 2009 - 06:35 AM

24 slots.. I prefer 32 or higher.

I just don't hope it will be as crappy as Bad Company.. with the most crappy hitboxes I ever seen in a videogame.

kinda hoping patch 1.5 would come out

#20 AfeX^ruari

AfeX^ruari

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 399 posts
None

Posted Feb 7, 2009 - 10:31 AM

...they have a big enough fan base, people will buy it off title alone.

This is true and its sad because we all are left addicted to games that we hesitate to praise but its stupid because if they were to release a game that properly hit our battlefield spot then we would all be battlefield junkies... heck id inject the dvd into my veins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

DMCA.com