Battlefield 1942 Now Free

MaydaX

I set up a server today and it seems like the most recent pb version for the retail version of BF42 is also working with it (I am still checking but at least I am not getting kicked ;) ). If it really works it should also be possible to implement a pb streaming.

EA created a different release (1.612) for the download version of the game. Therefore the game is not compatible with the old 1.61b servers (you can only play on 1.612 servers). But apart from that both versions seem to be very similar (no additional patches included etc.). The only major difference that I recognized is that there are currently no IDs assigned to the players ingame (Hashkey, User ID) which makes it impossible to ban a player and not only a nick.

Edited by Rainer_Wahnsinn

EA created a different release (1.612) for the download version of the game. Therefore the game is not compatible with the old 1.61b servers (you can only play on 1.612 servers). But apart from that both versions seem to be very similar (no additional patches included etc.). The only major difference that I recognized is that there are currently no IDs assigned to the players ingame (Hashkey, User ID) which makes it impossible to ban a player and not only a nick.

So that's why I cannot join ANY server since I downloaded for free from Origin! wtf. I didn't know where to update BF1942 since I downloaded it on Origin for free..