Banned but innocent (no really!)

wobblyboot

1 saved soul afterall? ^_^ it is sort of clear what we do here http://www.pbbans.com http://www.pbbans.com/about-pbbans.html , we are a PunkBuster support site over all PunkBuster supported games, no support site for any game in particular. Our database reflects what PunkBuster-Server logs during gameplay, IPs and Nicknames always have to be rated "additional information", in fact a Nickname is a text-string that is logged when players connect/disconnect, nothing more.

Game-Features whatsoever, like Game-IDs, Logins, accounts, stats, rankings etcpp. are entirely out of our control, our access level on these is the same as anybody's.

Nevertheless a database build from information collected by streaming servers reflects what happened visibly to PunkBuster-Server, though this information is neither a chain of causal relations nor even without ambiguity, it still is a record with probative force that would break if it would be edited to fit external factors (without any probative force).

It just has to be read and interpreted accordingly.

To convict a cheater, a Violation Log ->PBSV: VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) #80324: Myst|fy^au (slot #12) Violation (GAMEHACK) #80324 [b33904df8ee0af3e317f05afd2ddcac1(-) 119.225.96.133:2826] has to match a suspected player, any additional information has to be reviewed for match and discrepancy, vice versa MPi is a tool to find past violations. The DBase is build on GUIDs, these are linked via IPs. SGA have advanced options like GUID-History and IP-History searches at their hands, additional information like IP@Date+Time, or Nickname+ISP@Date+Time+Server etc. may help to identify a cheater, e.g. to match a current clean guid with a previous ban. Same name = same person is an incorrect simplification and in short utter nonsense.

Just read most of the above,I got banned (well put on banned list) on jan 20,(i can still play without problems).i dont play from a internet cafe i play from home,Over the years i have changed account names,but i have never hacked ,I play games on my pc but i dont understand all the tech stuff above,i could go out and buy a new copy of bf2,but why should i,if someones hacked me they are sure to do over people to,if someone could help me in simple turns. i need to clear my name thx

Just read most of the above,I got banned (well put on banned list) on jan 20,(i can still play without problems).i dont play from a internet cafe i play from home,Over the years i have changed account names,but i have never hacked ,I play games on my pc but i dont understand all the tech stuff above,i could go out and buy a new copy of bf2,but why should i,if someones hacked me they are sure to do over people to,if someone could help me in simple turns. i need to clear my name thx

if you had actually read "most of the above", you would have realized you need to provide information ffs

and probably started your on thread , so that your concerns were not ignored

*edit*

oh wait

you were told to read here, not try to hijack

Edited by HSMagnet

plus if you are from canadia maybe you were banned?

and that cd-key is in the wild being used all over the world....

thus you are forever linked to that ban

Edited by HSMagnet

Any ban issued by pbbans.com is based on a players pbguid only.

Any other information such as IP / alias / country of origin, is incremental information only and is there to aid admins identify cheaters past and present.

Take a look at the ban information;

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-acee0d9c-vb203904.html

A player with a pbguid of 0941c53af9bac4206e2680bdacee0d9c raised a gamehook violation as a direct result of running PB software.

The player concerned was Canadian, with an alias of Tw1$T3r, and an IP of 68.71.52.113

The pbguid is derived directly from the game cd key, so as this pbguid has been used by players from the UK / USA / and Canada, it's safe to assume that the game cd key is "out in the wild".

You have not given us the last 8 digits of your pbguid.

If this is not your pbguid, then contact the server admin that has you banned and point them to this thread, because the issued ban is nothing to do with you.

If this is your pbguid you need to buy a new copy of the game and protect the cd key as you would your bank PIN number.

If your complaining that your alias is on the issued ban, then there is nothing to be done.

We will not alter MPi information for anyone or anything, we do not even have the means to do so, this in turn protects the integrity of our banlist.

Hopefully, that explains thing a bit more clearly for you.

• Upvote 1

Thx 4 helping but what is ,last 8 digits of your pbguid i just play games i dont get involved with the tech side sorry 4 being a n**b

roflmaobt1tn8.jpg

here is one of mine 56b231c9, though not for BF2. i don't have BF2

your GUID is a unique ID created from your game cd-key in most cases. i believe what he is saying is that the ban you referenced is not for your GUID.

names used in games are not unique.

Thx 4 helping but what is ,last 8 digits of your pbguid i just play games i dont get involved with the tech side sorry 4 being a n**b

Not to worry :P I looked you up on our MPi.

The last 8 of your BF2 pbguid is 82275f27, the issued ban is nothing at all to do with you, apart from some llama using an alias in BF2 that is similar to an alias you use in BFBC2.

Not to worry :P I looked you up on our MPi.

The last 8 of your BF2 pbguid is 82275f27, the issued ban is nothing at all to do with you, apart from some llama using an alias in BF2 that is similar to an alias you use in BFBC2.

thx 4 the help)