Ban because of cg_drawCrosshair = "5"

C3R14L.K1L4

Greetings,

Im a admin of a clan server streaming here, and one of our members has been banned because of generic cvar scan... but the var scanned was cg_drawCrosshair = "5"... I think its using the dot crosshair. Im asking you what can be done, if its a right ban, unjust one, if the problem is of my server's config, etc.

No problem, it just "shocked" both me and my friend.

If you dont mind, how did that happen? My server didnt have a cvarcheck on that var...

My favorite saying, so chuckle as you wish.

Mistakes will be made, people will be blamed.

It happens, and the ever pro-active pbbans crew took it in stride and fixed it. Can't complain about that, thanks again guys, for your efforts in making our gaming experience that much better!

strange, but some my serverrs, that have been added after team account creation, have lost 'enforce ban' flag. So these bans were added but are not removed than :huh:

well, as far as i know, the problem is still actual. Bans for strange cvar checking are not removed on some streaming servers (for example 89.106.69.182:27960 or 85.14.216.78:27960). These bans have a "PBBansHub!Generic Cvar Scan" label, but guids are absent in MBI.

If for some reason or other your server(s) missed the auto removal you have 2 choices.

#1. manually edit your pbbans.dat

#2. generate a fresh pbbans.dat from here click me

In both cases, once your finished - upload to your server(s) pb root folder and overwrite your existing pbbans.dat

i've resolved this problem for my servers already. i just have a feedback from banned players, so i think that a lot of servers contain wrong bans at present time. if its can be removed only by local admins... well... sounds quite hopeless for these players :(

Edited by fozzer

i've resolved this problem for my servers already. i just have a feedback from banned players, so i think that a lot of servers contain wrong bans at present time. if its can be removed only by local admins... well... sounds quite hopeless for these players :(

you are the only one who has posted about this particular problem .. the bans were auto removed from servers I run.

sorry for the inconvenience m8

p.s. and sorry for the edit of your original post :P

an observation what happens ramdomly: unbanned items in local banlist stay in pb_sv_banlist with ban time: {0/0} , perm ban is {0/-1} and pb still kicks with {0/0} so the ban is back. Fix is pb_sv_banempty + pb_sv_banload as this is only held in server's memory.