Bad Screen shots?

Spartan-Lead

I have manually updated my PB but I am being told that I am STILL getting bad screenshots, why is this happening to me and how do I go about fixing it as I am temporarily banned from the server until the issue is resolved!

Thanks for ANY help....

~Spartan-Lead

I assume by 'bad screenshots' you mean black screenshots.

These are caused by a wide variety of things and it cannot simply 'be fixed', it's a bug in the PBSS capturing system and there isn't much you can do about it.

I don't know if they are black or not? What he did mention is that he got several shots of my in game map or something? I don't know how the whole screenshot process works like taking a pic every couple seconds or whatever but I do look at my map a lot while I am playing so is it possible that he is getting good screenshots?

And IF my screenshots were black how is it possible that you cannot give me a solution? If it's a bug in the PB capturing system why can you guys not fix it?

I don't know if they are black or not? What he did mention is that he got several shots of my in game map or something? I don't know how the whole screenshot process works like taking a pic every couple seconds or whatever but I do look at my map a lot while I am playing so is it possible that he is getting good screenshots?

And IF my screenshots were black how is it possible that you cannot give me a solution? If it's a bug in the PB capturing system why can you guys not fix it?

This is PBBans, not Evenbalance.

Evenbalance makes the Punkbuster software, not PBBans.

I suggest you ask him exactly what was wrong with your PBSS because it's hard to give you advice if you don't exactly know what you are banned for.

Either way, this is an issue between you and those server admins.

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Thank you Lucky! Can you also please post a link as to where I might find Evenbalance support for bf2 I've googled it but I don't see where I must go for help.

Thanks again

I'm sorry, I should've been more clear in my post.

With 'him' I don't mean Evenbalance, but the server admins that banned you; ask them exactly what they banned you for and if they could perhaps show you these PBSS.

There isn't a lot of point occupying Evenbalance's time if there's nothing wrong; it sounds like the server admins simply drew their own (most likely faulty) conclusion on your PBSS.

Again, to be able to say this with certainty, we'd have to see the screenshots :)

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Sorry guys I do appreciate all your help but now the clan admin is telling me to post a link to the issue at hand http://www.ferociousbeaver.com/forum/viewt...f=49&t=6908 and for this admin to please PM him you will see him asking you to do so in the thread. He is saying I keep returning the SAME ONE screenshot over and over???? His name is dwill.

Sorry and thank you!

Edited by Spartan-Lead

You can ask him to show you a PBSS and just blank the sensitive information out.

Again, this is something between you and them; PBB has no role in this, and nor does Evenbalance, really. I took the effort of registering with the forum to read the thread, but I'm not going to PM their admins on your behalf I'm afraid, and I doubt anyone else will.

Anyway, back to the repeated SS issue; reinstall PB completely using this tool and make sure you are running the latest graphics drivers.

They seem to be overreacting if you ask me.

Edit: Also, I have no idea what he is basing his statement on. Manually updating PB will not fix this bug, and that is simply a fact. If manually updating would fix this, then Evenbalance would've replied with that to the ticket, no?

If all of this fails to convince them, I suggest you contact Evenbalance directly by creating a ticket here; make sure to attach a PBSS of the issue. I strongly doubt they will be able to help you any further, though.

Edit2: They also seem to be confusing PBBans & Evenbalance. Evenbalance is the company that makes the Punkbuster software. PBBans is a completely seperate 3rd party which is in no way officially related to Evenbalance or their Punkbuster software.

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

He is not basing it on repetitive screen shots, I have no idea how the heck we got on the subject.

He is banned on the case of black screen shots that can be easily fixed a multiple of ways. Until it is fixed they have banned him.

Edited by Piggy

He is not basing it on repetitive screen shots, I have no idea how the heck we got on the subject.

He is banned on the case of black screen shots that can be easily fixed a multiple of ways. Until it is fixed they have banned him.

The OP mentioned something about several shots of his map, and I quote from the forum their on their website:

AlphaGrunt

You are returning the ONE screen shot repeatedly, this tells me that there is something on your end that is the problem. I am aware of the caching issue with Evenbalance/PBbans, and it is my understanding that manually updating your system should have fixed the issue. It did not.

As a matter of course, we do not publish Screen Shots in a public forum, because they contain information about you such as your CDHash. This information could be used for illegitimate purposes and harm you as a result.

You may post a link to this thread to PBbans and they can send me a PM to review this matter further.

Dwill

Could be both black or cache issues, which is why they should just post the PBSS with the info blanked out, or explain in a little more detail what exactly is wrong with his SS.

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Ahhhh, the grunts, Alpha, Bravo, etc, I have my own opinion of these guys (without proof). Watched several demos in BF2 (from ISI) awhile back. All I can say is repeated extremely uncanny environmental awareness along with repeated instant kills. Non-stop carnage. If its clean play, take it as a compliment, go professional, and make an easy living.

• 1 month later...

Lol thanks Mashman....I think? Just thought I'd add to you comment "uncanny environment awareness" and say that while watching demos you can not see if the commander is spotting the enemy or if the UAV is up. As far as the instant kills I'm not sure about that...wish you could be standing over my shoulder as I empty half a mag at a person with no kill to show for it.

I love when people cry hacker when it takes a burst to kill them but when I have a shootout with them.....nothing is said.....it's callled being a good shot.

Though we do take pride in are pubbing skills we're just middle of the road when it comes to twl and cal matches, we're just some of the best pub whores around I guess lol.