bad policy on pbss

pipes1

see this is why ACI is a better place to ask questions about pbss then here. if an ss is not posted to very stick guidlines is not in some staffs minds"not helpful to the community"

instead of bashing the way people post an ss aboyut whats legit or not. you should guide them and show them whats right and wrong.

posting a link to how to post in a section is retarded. and not very ethical.

i may stream here but i surly dont agree with the policies of this site.

Rules/guidelines are there for a reason. And if you are trying to convince PBBans to change their current policy calling it retarded and unethical is hardly likely to help your case.

• Upvote 6

I personally never liked the phrase "retarded" so please refrain from use of it in a derogatory manner again on here.

As for helping users, I know the thread in question and the linked topic did provide the information for the new user. I didn't see any bashing going on other then what you're doing now. We have a large section of links within the screenshot section that are stickied for people to read as guidelines before they post.

Remember not all members play all games and if you want an opinion from the general users it's always good to provide what you think may be wrong with the screenshot, thus removing all doubt about the reason the screenshot was posted in the first place.

From personal experience in 2007 I just started being an SGA, I was sure I'd found a hack. A staff member corrected me and said no it was a GFX error, I ranted and raved a while then realised I hadn't even looked at the stickies myself. After that I had l'd learned my lesson and moved on.

I always fnd you can react two ways in a situation, learn from it and become better or argue and learn nothing.

• Upvote 5

I'm going with Surfy on this one. I may have played 10 PB related games, but not every everyone here does. All though In the PBSS's, it does say what game the ss was taken in. On the forum, we have to post the game in the description because PBBans has hundreds of teams here streaming. Imo, it's to reiterate that the ss was taken in THAT game when it says the PBSS.

Surfy, you've always been way too nice/patient. :)

Dont know how you do it.

Going to guess HMS reminded someone (that should know better), of the "read this before posting" sticky. If so, good job HMS!

posting a link to how to post in a section is retarded. and not very ethical.

lol

Ethical?

Just have to love illiterate rants.

i may stream here but i surly dont agree with the policies of this site.

who cares.

• Upvote 2

i always have to smile when i see a pbss submission with reason "visual cheat" (as if anybody expected to see an audible cheat?) what provides some information about the submitter's origin but plain nothing on the submission. So much for mixing up a matter of taste with Ethics ... or Synesthesia? Now you could continue your philosophic approach on the grade of helpfulness of pleonasms vs. approaches that try to use certain guidelines for the one purpose: to figure things out as clearly as possible.

• Upvote 3

i always have to smile when i see a pbss submission with reason "visual cheat" (as if anybody expected to see an audible cheat?) what provides some information about the submitter's origin but plain nothing on the submission. So much for mixing up a matter of taste with Ethics ... or Synesthesia? Now you could continue your philosophic approach on the grade of helpfulness of pleonasms vs. approaches that try to use certain guidelines for the one purpose: to figure things out as clearly as possible.

LOL; agreed with PBBANS staff.

Guest TorstenAUR

As I wrote in the other post: stay in your lane, pipes1!

If its that bad here be consequent and quit here at PBBans!

if it was up to me i would howevere i just maintain the servers in my clan they say stream here so i must, like i said i dont have to agree with the policies but if you notice i do follow them most of the time

• 2 weeks later...

!!!DONT FORGET!!!! everyone at pbbans does this on a voluntary basis and we should all be grateful for there time and hard work maybe sit back and just pause before comment and realise what they actually do for the gaming community

• Upvote 1