Autohotkey Battlefield 4

JohnP

Hi all

I recently purchased BF4 Premium on PC. I’ve been playing for a few weeks now and have been chatting in the battlelog forums. I’ve read a few posts around being banned and kicked from games for software running in the background. I use a few different programs but none that should interfere with the running of games. However I did find a few posts around people being kicked for having AutoHotKey, but this was in BF3.

I use AHK and always have it running in the background. I use it for various tasks to make things quicker whilst using Windows. For example swapping between my system sounds e.g headphones and speakers, shorten URLs with a shortcut key and a few other key remaps. So far I haven’t been kicked/banned but obviously I do not want this to happen going forward.

My question is, is it ok to have this running in the background whilst playing BF4? Is it like BF3 where I could potentially get kicked or even banned?

Thanks in advance.

you could get kciked for it as a disallowed program/driver and EB may even ban for it.

We simple don't know what EB will do as pbbans is a private third party site with not affiliation to punkbuster

you could get kciked for it as a disallowed program/driver and EB may even ban for it.

We simple don't know what EB will do as pbbans is a private third party site with not affiliation to punkbuster

Cheers.

I understand pbbans is a third party. I just thought i'd get some opinions.

I've raised a ticket with EB asking the same question. I'll post back the response when I hear. 

Source?

The only time you will get kicked for it, is if the server in questions has pb_sv_restrictions set to 2. You will not get banned for using it. You might however get caught up in a ban wave, as AHK is often flagged, but usually a false positive.

• Upvote 1

Ok thanks.

I've heard nothing back from EB just yet. It'll probably be best if I just disable AHK whilst playing BF4. I don't want to get caught up in any sort of ban wave as you say.