Anyone know C#?

Jombi

Hello PBBans community!

I am working on a C# build of a PBSS scanner/troller/submitter that is completely new from the ground up.  Also, another member here is working on a build written in Java (yay for possible server-side scanners!).  I originally had plans to release my build to the AC.I community as a community tool, but after recent events I don't feel that it would be wise to give AC.I any credit for anything related to this tool.  So, I'd like to come to PBBans and get your ideas and help.

If any of you have used the AC.I PBSS Collector, you probably have some ideas on how to improve such a tool or something new to add to the mix.  If you haven't used it, the PBSS Collector is a desktop application that, among other things, will scan for all available PC servers for a particular game.  Using that list, you can scan each server individually or as a group for public PBSS locations.  Once you have those locations, you can automatically troll those servers 24/7.  The tool has a file that contains a list of colors entered by the user.  These colors are loaded into memory and used when the tool finds a screenshot.  It will scan the screenshot and try to match up colors.  If it matches a color, it'll flag the shot and continue on.  Every now and then you can stop the tool and use the built-in viewer to see all flagged shots and automatically submit them or discard false-positives.

The idea is great and the tool works, but could be implemented better.  This is where I have started working on a C# build that is already showing signs of outpacng the AC.I tool.  However, I'm a full-time student and don't have alot of time to spend on any one of the many projects I have going on.  So, if you happen to know some C# and would like to contribute, I would LOVE to talk to you and pick your brain.  Also, if you have any ideas that would make the tool any better or more useful for you as a player or admin, let me know!

The project will be 100% open to anyone who wants to contribute or show us what we could do better.  Currently, we have a working parser, a semi-working PBSS downloader, a working PBSS scanner, and a scrappy UI.  Personally, I suck at designing a useful UI, so any help there is appreciated!  I'm attaching some screenshots of the functionality we have as of about 2 months ago.  Not a whole lot has been done since due to RL obligations.

*I would have posted this in the SA forums, but I don't run servers anymore and no longer have access there.

The console you see is a debug console for now.  We have plans on cutting down the information shown so it doesn't get ridiculous and using it as a small info-area.  But for now, it shows everything.

http://i.imgur.com/IATtgci.png

There is a SUPER easy way to add colors if you don't want to add them in the file. "Threshold" relates to the amount of that particular color must exist in the screenshot before flagging it. This cuts down on false-positives tremendously, but can miss some cheats that aren't very apparent.

http://i.imgur.com/b4Tydbo.png

Once the servers are scanned, they will show up sorted by name. Understandably, some of them are much longer than the provided space, so they will be trimmed to fit. But honestly, I don't really like this format. Perhaps a quick search feature so you can search for particular servers cross-game?

http://i.imgur.com/E3Rm1Qw.png

It's fairly easy to add servers if they don't show up in the list after it scans. It could be much easier though...

http://i.imgur.com/mFxnOL8.png

Adding custom PBSS path formats is possible. Adding a game with only 2 clicks is possible - No reloading the application!.

• Upvote 2

Also, another member here is working on a build written in Java (yay for possible server-side scanners!).

That would be me :)

Mine is entirely written in Java, but is UI-less. I've been using it since 2014-01-09:-

W0h4hiyl.jpg

The idea is great and the tool works, but could be implemented better.

Agreed, the original tool was okay for when it was developed (2000?) but it badly needed updating, hence why I made my version in Java

So, if you happen to know some C# and would like to contribute, I would LOVE to talk to you and pick your brain.  Also, if you have any ideas that would make the tool any better or more useful for you as a player or admin, let me know!

Fork it on GitHub maybe?

Currently, we have a working parser, a semi-working PBSS downloader, a working PBSS scanner, and a scrappy UI.  Personally, I suck at designing a useful UI, so any help there is appreciated!  I'm attaching some screenshots of the functionality we have as of about 2 months ago.  Not a whole lot has been done since due to RL obligations.

Why is it semi-working? What's wrong with it? I would focus on the core functionality first,make sure that is solid and then go from there. The UI stuff can wait. You can always tack it on later.

I'm good with C#, but better with Java.

Fork it on GitHub maybe?

Rather than GitHub, I'm using Google Code. Full SVN access yadda yadda yadda.

Why is it semi-working? What's wrong with it? I would focus on the core functionality first,make sure that is solid and then go from there. The UI stuff can wait. You can always tack it on later.

Most definitely. That's why the UI is so minimal right now. The PBSS downloader is written, but not implemented. I mentioned that I rewrote the whole thing, but I have not had a chance to incorporate the old downloader into the new code. I started working with a friend on the rewrite, and he has since been too busy with school much like I have.

If you're up for it, I'd be down for sharing code and getting something rolling.

Back when I first joined my clan, we had a pair of senior members create a little program called FUBHUB, basically the app would pull info off our servers and run it through pbbans (at least to my knowledge) and would alert you if anybody had a pbban and what it was linked by (name, ip,GUID or a combo). It also allowed you to check screenshots and view the ban in question so you could make a more informed ban.

Sadly one isn't around much and the other one hasn't been heard from for years after he got into trouble and about 2 years ago was found by pbbans staff to apparently got to the dark side which was a shame since he did so much for us.

Overal, I think I banned at least 500 people that had previous pbbans in the year or so I got to use it since we had one of the most popular BF2 Karkand servers

Back when I first joined my clan, we had a pair of senior members create a little program called FUBHUB, basically the app would pull info off our servers and run it through pbbans (at least to my knowledge) and would alert you if anybody had a pbban and what it was linked by (name, ip,GUID or a combo). It also allowed you to check screenshots and view the ban in question so you could make a more informed ban.

Sadly one isn't around much and the other one hasn't been heard from for years after he got into trouble and about 2 years ago was found by pbbans staff to apparently got to the dark side which was a shame since he did so much for us.

Overal, I think I banned at least 500 people that had previous pbbans in the year or so I got to use it since we had one of the most popular BF2 Karkand servers

Was this around the 2007-2008 range? I used to play on a "FUB" server in BF2 with a buddy long before I got into Americas Army.

• 2 weeks later...

Was this around the 2007-2008 range? I used to play on a "FUB" server in BF2 with a buddy long before I got into Americas Army.

We had 3 servers at the time, one for karkand, 1 for Dragon Valley, and last for Jalalabad so it was possible :)

Sounds like an awesome idea, I'd love to be able to scan our servers but 46 BF4 servers is a mind **** to be going through all those auto screen shots manually.

Sounds like an awesome idea, I'd love to be able to scan our servers but 46 BF4 servers is a mind **** to be going through all those auto screen shots manually.

46 BF4 servers?! Do you have a public PBSS path?

46 BF4 servers?! Do you have a public PBSS path?

Yes, we auto stream the BF4 servers through GameTracker.

I tried to do the same with our 27 BF3 servers but the box's we run them on are locked down tighter than a fish's........ you get the idea, I needed to get IP's white listed within the firewall with our internal tech guys to stream to Gametracker, but never got around to doing the BF3 ones.

Yes, we auto stream the BF4 servers through GameTracker.

I tried to do the same with our 27 BF3 servers but the box's we run them on are locked down tighter than a fish's........ you get the idea, I needed to get IP's white listed within the firewall with our internal tech guys to stream to Gametracker, but never got around to doing the BF3 ones.

In that case, I wouldn't worry about it. Both my tool (Java) and Jim's tool (C#) can scan PBSS on GT. If your server is on GT and has the PBSS mod enabled then I've scanned it...

G7rWoZ5l.png

(click to make bigger)

In that case, I wouldn't worry about it. Both my tool (Java) and Jim's tool (C#) can scan PBSS on GT. If your server is on GT and has the PBSS mod enabled then I've scanned it...

G7rWoZ5l.png

(click to make bigger)

So does that look for colours or do you do it manually, hope not we all need a life and that's a lot of screenies. :P

So what's being worked on and developed is that similar to PBSSC 3.0.0a3b and I have another one sitting on my computer PBSViewer_2.3.0.0 I've had a mess around with them ages ago.

So does that look for colours or do you do it manually, hope not we all need a life and that's a lot of screenies.

It downloads all the PBSSes and then scans them for cheat colours. I have 92 cheat colours that I scan for. Works brilliantly. I've been submitting to all ACs where I can. All of them go onto my feed. And it's much much faster than any other tool I've used previously.

It downloads all the PBSSes and then scans them for cheat colours. I have 92 cheat colours that I scan for. Works brilliantly. I've been submitting to all ACs where I can. All of them go onto my feed. And it's much much faster than any other tool I've used previously.

Are your 92 cheat colours similar or same type of paste in setup to this post with those colour codes for BF3, did it take long to work out the colour codes for BF4?

I reckon with BF4 there is a huge spectrum of colours in the games PBSS compared to previous Battlefield games which would make it even more difficult to work with. :crazy:

How do you get PBSS Collector to scan a folder already on a computer?

If we ever get our servers populated regularly again, what would I have to do to be apart of this?

Well eventually both my tool and Jim's tool will be released for public consumption. Mine is ready to be released, but it lacks a UI. It's all command line based. I've automated everything I can. I don't see a point in adding in a UI just yet. 

Are your 92 cheat colours similar or same type of paste in setup to this post with those colour codes for BF3, did it take long to work out the colour codes for BF4?

No, my colour list is kept simple in a RGB format. I complied the list myself. The same colour list is used across BF3, BF4 and any other game I scan.

I reckon with BF4 there is a huge spectrum of colours in the games PBSS compared to previous Battlefield games which would make it even more difficult to work with. :crazy:

You are right. At the moment, I've only detected a handful of cheaters on BF4. But I think that is down to PunkBuster not being able to defeat current PBSSes blockers.

How do you get PBSS Collector to scan a folder already on a computer?

PBSS Collector is the old ancient software that AC.I now maintain. The reason I created/programmed my own application was to speed things up. I haven't used PBSS Collector in months, but I would imagine that you have move all those PBSSes you want to scan into its respective folder.

@Slayer: http://imgur.com/a/eBf3z ;) Already submitted on your behalf :D

Thanks for that I see that player was on last night, it's good to see that PBSS does actually catch then now and then though with the advancements of PB Blockers I put it down to they are the really DUMB cheaters who don't know how to configure the cheat properly, though it's always good feeling to see a PBSS one caught now and then.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if a list exists that maps BF3/4 game ports to query ports or common PBSS path ports?

For example:

Server xxx.yyy.zzz.uuu:25020 has a pbss path port of 25021

Honestly, I don't see much logic behind the numbering system, but sometimes hosts seem to do gamePort+1 or gamePort+200. I guess what I'm looking for is if someone has a list of these numbering systems for different hosts.

Edited by Jombi

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if a list exists that maps BF3/4 game ports to query ports or common PBSS path ports?

For example:

Server xxx.yyy.zzz.uuu:25020 has a pbss path port of 25021

Honestly, I don't see much logic behind the numbering system, but sometimes hosts seem to do gamePort+1 or gamePort+200. I guess what I'm looking for is if someone has a list of these numbering systems for different hosts.

Bumping this, now that college is winding down for the year. I am back to working on my little project.

To answer your question mate, no - I don't believe so. As far as I can tell, there isn't a sure fire way to work out a valid PBSS path.