Admin status for COD4?

-JarHead-

This may be a n00bish question but, is there anyway to appoint a admin for a cod4 game server? Not RCon but Admins to kick players, change maps, restart and other Admin type stuff? I cant seem to find anything on it or a simple utility. Thanks.

Yeah ive done that pb_power stuff and its lame. For some reason simply changing the map takes me into a completely different server that says listen server or something like that. Plus this is giving rcon capabilities which i dont want to do. So i guess there is no admin utility other then this or giving rcon capabilities out.

I think he's talking about a Shrubbot form of adminning (W:ET).

Where you can give out levels to players by a command and each level has some corresponding commands on it...

Is that what you mean?

yes. I want to give some players admin status so they can change maps and do other stuff but not rcon, unless there is a lower level of rcon to where i do not have to give them a password. Basic admin on the server type of stuff for when i am not there.

First of all make a file called pbrcon.dat. Paste in commands that you want people to be able to use at a given admin level. Here is mine for instance:

CODE
[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_Kick

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 MAP_ROTATE

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_GETSS

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_PList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_BadNameList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 SAY

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_NameLockList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_BadName

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_BanList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 MAP

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 G_GAMETYPE

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 PB_SV_PowerList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 PB_SV_Ban

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 PB_SV_BanGuid

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 99 PB_SV_BanEmpty

The time doesn't matter, but setup the levels and commands you see fit. Upload the file to your pb folder and do a /rcon pb_sv_restart to make it load.

OK, now give people as many power points as you like. Start with yourself. Find your slot number in the /pb_plist, say its 8. Run:

/rcon PB_SV_Power 8 99

You just gave yourself 99 power points. Give your trusted friends as many as you see fit, though remember if someone has at least 10 they can /pb_kick anyone.

They will automatically be given their points everytime they log into the server, its based on GUID. How they go about using their new power is simple, prefix everything with /pb_rcon

/pb_rcon map mp_shipment

/pb_rcon pb_sv_kick bota-x

/pb_rcon say Welcome everyone

/pb_rcon map_rotate

You can see what "admins" are in the server at any time with /pb_power

Like Benway suggested, rtfm :P

The PB RCon Facility allows admins to give specified players something similar to the normal RCon ability of the game. The Facility is based on guids that are generated for each player, so passwords are not used for this feature at all. This will work with anything that would normally be entered at the server console including commands, settings, etc. even specific to whatever mods you are running at your server. This Facility is based on the PunkBuster Player Power system whereby PB Admins can give power points to their regular players and deputy admins. Admins therefore have to assign Power Points to players before they can use this facility.

http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/co...ndex.htm#pbrcon

First of all make a file called pbrcon.dat. Paste in commands that you want people to be able to use at a given admin level. Here is mine for instance:

CODE
[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_Kick

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 MAP_ROTATE

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_GETSS

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_PList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_BadNameList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 SAY

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_NameLockList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_BadName

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 25 PB_SV_BanList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 MAP

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 G_GAMETYPE

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 PB_SV_PowerList

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 PB_SV_Ban

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 50 PB_SV_BanGuid

[11.26.2007 16:43:05] 99 PB_SV_BanEmpty

The time doesn't matter, but setup the levels and commands you see fit. Upload the file to your pb folder and do a /rcon pb_sv_restart to make it load.

OK, now give people as many power points as you like. Start with yourself. Find your slot number in the /pb_plist, say its 8. Run:

/rcon PB_SV_Power 8 99

You just gave yourself 99 power points. Give your trusted friends as many as you see fit, though remember if someone has at least 10 they can /pb_kick anyone.

They will automatically be given their points everytime they log into the server, its based on GUID. How they go about using their new power is simple, prefix everything with /pb_rcon

/pb_rcon map mp_shipment

/pb_rcon pb_sv_kick bota-x

/pb_rcon say Welcome everyone

/pb_rcon map_rotate

You can see what "admins" are in the server at any time with /pb_power

Thanks Bota, that was very helpfull and i fully understand now. I appreciate your help.

I find it hard to believe people will join a web site community, even become admins yet only offer smart ars remarks instead of assistance. I am not some random slob who happened to stop by the web site yet i get treated like one by two so called admins of the site. If it has come to this, simply delete my account now and we can all move on.

As a reminder, here is a portion of our credo. I suggest you take some time to read over it and correct yourself as you see fit.

PBBans is a not only a private online community for game server administrators -- we welcome anyone seeking help with PunkBuster

I agree with fozzer and Benway attitude, they gave you the links to follow, no need to copy/paste the EB site here.

If you didn't read it, it's not their fault.

BotaX told you his experience, and added some hints about setting this up, and that's great and appreciated. But he didn't said anything that you cannot read on EB website.

There is no need of make here a pb_rcon user manual each time someone ask, being one of quality on the programmers site.

There is a lot of "admin-made" manuals and info on PBBans forums, some translated to many languages, they take a lot of hours to make it and I think that there is no need to duplicate info when they can use time to more productive things.

I also think that a "rtfm" with smilies and links attached can be read as: "There is a great manual there, just follow my hint and read it, man". No need to be angry for that.

;)

Salu2

I have a web-based rcon project running which has gone very well and is coming close to it's 2nd beta testing. Once the beta version has been tested the program should be released in a week or 2.

This program has permissions page e.g.

-Permissions page, ie You can create a profile and call it, say, Map Rotate Only and assign any of your members to this profile so that the only thing they can do is a map rotate. You can also set this up for many other functions e.g. kick,ban

As I said its not released yet, but its coming close to it's 2nd beta. If you would like to beta test and use the tool please let me know and I will forward you the correct information :)

Regards

Vin Diesel

Edited by Vin Diesel

You could use this

This is a PHP interface for remote console administration to Call Of Duty 2 and Call Of Duty 4. My set of scripts gives you a list of players currently on the server along with colors - rcon status. You can send any command to the game, including messages to all, private messages (only COD2), map changes, map restarting, and any other rcon command. Next to all players there are links for 'one-click kick' and 'one-click message'. This tool works everywhere, even if you are sitting at a network with blocked UDP packets - I recommend to put it on the same machine the gameserver runs on.

The good thing about this is you don't need to give out the rcon pass.You create login and passwords for people.The screenshots don't look like what I have.On mine there are buttons for kick,tempban,ban.I have mine running on my webhost.You may need the query port open though.Also I use 1.8 and have not tried 1.9.

http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/PHP_CoD2CoD4_RCON;86398

Yeah B3 (Big Brother Bot) is a nice administrating tool you can use with your server to give certain permissions to certain people. I use it on my servers as well and all the servers I deal with.

Problem is the current version will only work on your own dedicated machine or your server provider supports it with there are few that do.

Ive had pb power in my server for a while now. and we actually setup "jr.admins" on it. I attempted to do the pb_rcon stuff with no success at all (trust me I read it over a number of times). but I just did what BOTA:X said and now its working great! that means more commands for the jr.admins. (it had to do with the pbrcon.dat file not being present I believe)

Thanks a ton,

~Dan~

• 1 year later...

this may sound dumb but i am trying to set up this levels. i have a notepad open with the commands

50 map

50 g_gametype

50 map_rotate

50 pb_sv_getSS

50 pb_sv_kick

50 say

60 scr_game_allowkillcam

60 scr_player_forcerespawn

60 scr_hardcore

60 scr_oldschool_mw

60 g_gravity

70 g_allowvote

80 pb_sv_ban

90 g_password

100 pb_sv_power

i know i need to make it a pbrcon.dat. file but to be honest i'm not sure how and where to put it. first time setting up a server with anything.

Edited by cseverson

Probably should have started a new thread but in any event.

I would avoid editing the .dat files by hand, you could just type the commands in for each command/power point assignment by hand in the console or some rcon utility and the .dat files will be created/modified.

pb_sv_powerguid <32 character guid> 100

pb_sv_rcon 100 pb_sv_power

I set mine up right in the pbsvuser.cfg or pbsv.cfg by adding lines similar to this:

//pb power setup player admins
pb_sv_powerguid <32 character guid> 100 "cseverson"
pb_sv_powerguid <32 character guid> 90 "player_name1"
pb_sv_powerguid <32 character guid> 80  "player_name2"
pb_sv_powerguid <32 character guid> 70  "player name 3"

//pb power setup commands
pb_sv_rcon 50 map
pb_sv_rcon 50 g_gametype
pb_sv_rcon 50 map_rotate
pb_sv_rcon 50 pb_sv_getSS
pb_sv_rcon 50 pb_sv_kick
pb_sv_rcon 50 say
pb_sv_rcon 60 scr_game_allowkillcam
pb_sv_rcon 60 scr_player_forcerespawn
pb_sv_rcon 60 scr_hardcore
pb_sv_rcon 60 scr_oldschool_mw
pb_sv_rcon 60 g_gravity
pb_sv_rcon 70 g_allowvote
pb_sv_rcon 80 pb_sv_ban
pb_sv_rcon 90 g_password
pb_sv_rcon 100 pb_sv_power

Restart punkbuster and you should be good to go. There's a bit more to it all then that but it will get you started.

Edited by blindsided