Accused of "wheelmouse" hacking the M14

Euthanasia

My ability to click my mouse faster earned me a ban on the ********* server earlier today. What worries me is that they supposedly stream/share their logs with this site and one other. I've already pleaded my case on their forums in hopes that they'll undo this. In the meanwhile, I'm trying to educate myself a little since I haven't played in a long time.

Being that I know I'm clean and have no macros or other scripts set up, can some paranoid admin still submit my logs to these shared ban sites and in turn get me banned from other servers? Is there anything I can do to prove I'm not cheating (seems so silly that I'm trying to prevent possible trouble with a video game just because I have quick fingers)? Anyway...

Much thanks in advance to any responders.

You will never get banned for using the mousewheel to fire. Check your controls / combat and see if you have it set... Also they should have logs of this and if they dont they should lift you ban (but again its their site and their servers so they can do what they want).

again you will never be placed on a ban list at an anti cheat site because of the mousewheel to fire.

hmmm i dunno on this one as far as i know the only ones that have rules against wheel binds would be leagues. and the only way that the anti cheat providers like pbbans would ban u would be with evidence either videos being cod4 or pb screenshots. So i would think that your safe as long as your scripts are against the rules of evenbalance then they would ban you.

I have been banned from a few servers myself for the same thing, but have never used the wheel to fire, never will. Best thing to do is play somewhere else where the admins know their arse from their elbows.

NOTE: Server name removed from your thread to prevent flame wars.

Yeah I see a lot of bitching on this topic on sites, but have never banned or kicked someone just cause they can click the mouse button quicker than someone else. Just play somewhere else , but just be prepared for it to follow you round as people get killed by you :-)

Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't thinking when I named the server in my initial post. My apologies. Is there anything I can do to prove to the CoD community that I'm running 100% clean? I already made a YouTube video (youtube.com/akittenonfire) showing the mouse I use along with some game footage of me using the M14. Some that have seen it are on the fence and some are still unwilling to budge from their belief that a mouse cannot be clicked that fast.

Call me mental, but I won't rest until I find a way to show that I am playing clean. I'll probably make a very long (and well lit) updated video in coming days, but for now I was just looking into other options before this thing turns into an all out witch hunt on me. The M14 is my favorite weapon and I refure to stop using it just because other players can't deal with my unusual finger dexterity. It's ridiculous that I should even have to take it this far, but I am determined to prove that...the world is indeed round...and...and...man really has been to the moon.

People bitch about everything in game, Just do yourself a favor and find another server.

TBH, it boils down to "whaa you killed me, you must be using some cheat" Could have easily shot them with a M4 and they would find something else to cry about. maybe WH next time?

I've been kicked for a lot of stupid reasons, I surely will not visit those servers again, I simply don't want to play with retards and stupid rules. Better off banning me than kicking, So I don't accidently join the server in the future :D

**EDIT**

Oh yeah, middlewheel bind isn't hacking, It's in your game options that the dev gave to use

Edited by Agent-86

Oh yeah, middlewheel bind isn't hacking, It's in your game options that the dev gave to use

They never stated they would take it out or leave it. Plain and simple if they think your using the mousewheel have them do

PB_SV_BindSrch +attack

and they can even put it on a task to scan everyone.

pb_sv_task 10 180 PB_SV_BindSrch +attack

that should check every 3 minutes (10 seconds in after punkbuster restarts for example)

-Dan

Misused the term I suppose since I was banned from that particular server (was a little upset that night because of it). They have since removed me from the list but a lot of their members obviously view me as suspicious. Even with some video evidence I'm getting responses like "the video hurts your case more than it helps."

Unfortunately, I have a point to make and I won't drop this unless they decide to re-ban me. For me, to just not play on servers that accuse me of something I am not doing is only showing them they're right and I'm wrong.

Edited by Euthanasia

Plain and simple if they think your using the mousewheel have them do

PB_SV_BindSrch +attack

and they can even put it on a task to scan everyone.

pb_sv_task 10 180 PB_SV_BindSrch +attack

that should check every 3 minutes (10 seconds in after punkbuster restarts for example)

-Dan

I'll stick this up on their forums and see if it helps. They claim to use FUD and initially I was told the ban came from FUD and not an admin, even though my kick messages were reading "admin decision." They had since looked at the logs and undid the ban. This only confirms to me that I was booted by someone on rcon. Consequently, I have a similar thread running at Punks Busted, trying to get input from them as well. Thanks for your response, Dan.