About cfg

jabur

I want to talk about players who change their cfg...they reduce their recoil, remove grass and stark, and other stuff like that, i want to know if its possible to catch and ban this kind of player because its like a cheat.

Edited by jabur

there are some cvar checks that you can set

r_lodscalerigid "4"//Level of detail for static objects (1=best to 4=worst) require 1 or 2

r_lodscaleskinned "4"//Level of detail for skinned objects (1=best to 4=worst) require 1 or 2

r_picmip "3"//Texture Quality (0=Extra to 3=Low) require 2 or lower

sample cvar checks

I want to talk about players who change their cfg...they reduce their recoil, remove grass and stark, and other stuff like that, i want to know if its possible to catch and ban this kind of player because its like a cheat.

Without getting into the old "when is tweaking considered cheating" debate :)

PBBans will never add anyone to the MBI without proof positive of cheat use by way of EvenBalance violation or PBBans scans.

The onus is on the server admins to create a level playing field for all by employing cvar restrictions as posted by HSMagnet.

The tools have been in place since day1 to combat tweakers, it just takes proactive admins to use them :P

• 2 weeks later...
there are some cvar checks that you can set

r_lodscalerigid "4"//Level of detail for static objects (1=best to 4=worst) require 1 or 2

r_lodscaleskinned "4"//Level of detail for skinned objects (1=best to 4=worst) require 1 or 2

r_picmip "3"//Texture Quality (0=Extra to 3=Low) require 2 or lower

sample cvar checks

I dont get it why they're setting the picmip setting that strong hence you can easely set this via your options menu. What do they care actually if I want to playing with more squares on my screen if they dont want that?

I never tweaked my config and connected to a server and got kicked just that because I used the ingame options menu (which appearantly set picmip to 3) to lower several details in game to get just that little bit more fps and this w/o tweaking the game config.

if you set them too low, even with the in game options menu, it can still trigger a violation

low graphic settings can provide an unfair advantage.

removing textures used for concealment and making outlines artificially easy to see