8800 Nvidia Cards and Black Screenshots

siskin

Here is a small download and tutorial aimed at alleviating the issue of Black Screenshots caused by players having an nVidia 8 series card.

Please encourage your players to avail themselves of this simple solution.

Download Site Link

Tutorial Link

siskin.

Thanks to sl0thful for his great tutorial.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys/Gals,

Since I upgraded my PC with the 8800GTX card i've been having problems with black ss. When I finally found this link and looked at the tutorial I finally thought this could be resolved. I dloaded the most recent drivers for my card and followed the tutorial but was not able to do the second part. Wait i just looked at tutorial again. I guess i need to create a profile for America's army or something. I'll try tonight to see if i can make it work.

Will this also work with the latest drivers

(ForceWare Release 162

Version: 162.18 WHQL

Release Date: July 26, 2007

Operating System: Windows XP)

Edited by {Truth}GOOSE

There are two parts to that tutorial, the first half is in the nvidia control panel, the second half is using nhancer.

You don't need to create a profile for americas army if there is one already there.

At the time that i created that i was using beta drivers and the profile was missing so i had to add the armyops.exe to force the changes.

This is what you should see.

Nvidia Control Panel

Doh !

Just realised that the 2 parts wasn't there because these are 2 different sofware. I couldn't do the 2nd part and i thought it was because of the version. Will get nhancer and try it out....sorry for any incovenience, i should've opened my eyes.....lol

Thanks for the response

Edited by {Truth}GOOSE

• 3 months later...

Tried this last night with no results. I still give black ss's after updating grphx drivers, directx 10, and the control panel change.

I also tried this and it has no effect on my screenshots.

• 1 month later...

I thought the latest punkbuster update was supposed to solve this issue? But i also came across yet another thing that can cause an issue. While browsing the web i came across another Nvidia glitch. That prolly needs to be adressed. I will post an image and you guys tell me what you think. go to this url and click on the pictures in order sorry the first two are fuzzy but you will see what im talking about. http://ballisticpc.com/screenshots/

Its called digital Vibrance and it works outside of ET and when a pbss is taken it shows a normal screen. This is not a hack by any means its simply Nvidia drivers.

Hi pb giving black screen shots is as stated a known issue with punk buster they are trying to sort this issue out and as of yet havent although i have managed to get screen shots from 2 members using vista to do this they had to have latest driver graphics, updates from microsoft, also add punkbuster into firewall manual and most importantly set there cod4 game to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!! (right click properties and its in there doing this will reset your rank to 1 so most people dont bother if you try these things and it doesnt work you can take run as administrator of and it will put your rank back well did for me!!!! we have 10 members 5 with vista all tried this can get screenies from 2 out of 5 so up to you if you wanna try!!!!) Hope this helps lads

Hello,

Lets add to the mix here, I have a machine that dual boots so the hardware is the same just different operating systems.

I have an 8800GTX, when I play AA under Vista all good screenshots, when I play under XP all black/blank.

Now, when I play COD4 under either O/S I get good screenshots.

This to me says that PB/EB can fix this problem.

Steve

All those "solutions" with NHancer and Negative LOD bias don't work for most people, they only help some.

However I've found a web page that has animated flash showing how to reset driver settings for particular game via Riva Tuner, AND IT WORKED! Not only for me, but also for 5 of my clanmates (that means all of them with Nvidia series 7 or 8).

Here is it:

http://www.aaa-squad.com/AAreset/AAreset.html

Hope it helps you as well.

Heh never checked my screenshots for that, I have a 8800GT for ~2 weeks now, just checked the pbss, everything seems fine :D

But isn't this problem fixed already? :x

Edited by GamesTV h3ll

From what I'm seeing on my own server, ss timing seems to play a bit of a role in the matter of black ss as well.

I also have an 8800GT in my system, and most of my own screen-shots come back normal, but the odd black one still appears here and there.

I've also noticed that players who have higher-latency or ping times tend to return more black ss than those who are closer to the server and have lower ping-times.

Black screen shots are a known issue and are not even kicked for by evenbalance or PBBans. What a local server-admin does is up to him, although I can say I don't personally kick/ban for them on my own server either.

Found this link in a AON forum post. Some users have reported the black ss issue resolved after installing the tweaked drivers. May not work for everyone but a possible solution for some.

http://www.tweakforce.com/index.php?option...c=DESC?91480970

Here is the forum link:

http://www.airdaleops.com/index.php?topic=26126.0

Reading the threads at tweakforce.com, some people still experience black screen-shots, or for that matter, began getting them after using the tweakforce drivers. I would say give them a try, and see if it works for you. Solutions in the matter of black ss will work one way for one person, and a different way for another. The idea being to find the solution that works for you and your particular hardware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...